Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Default Re: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    *pushes up glasses*

Small correction, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing is not a part of the US Mint, though they are both part of the Department of the Treasury.

The point being it's in Ft. Worth...and available to tour, maybe, if its not part of the govt shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post

The point being it's in Ft. Worth...and available to tour, maybe, if its not part of the govt shutdown.

I have done the tour at the Bureau in Washington DC - it was the worst tour that I have even been on - EVER! I hope that the one in Ft. Worth would be better. (On a side note, the US Mint tour in Philly was awesome, and especially good for little children as well).

Anybody mention checking out kleimans new house?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Anybody mention checking out kleimans new house?
    I'm sure Hank Jacobs broke the shitter in already.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    IF you go to the JFK site downtown, take the trolley tour that follows the footsteps of Lee Harvey Oswald after the assassination. It goes out of downtown to the movie theater where he went to, the boarding house he lived in prior to the shooting and where he shoot a police officer.

The tour then goes back to dt dallas to the courthouse, jail and takes you on part of the JFK motorcade route.
    I like history by that is just creepy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

If you are an aviation buff check out the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison. Aircraft from WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam. Easy drive from Frisco.
    https://cavflight.org

Quote Originally Posted by Power I View Post
    If you are an aviation buff check out the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison. Aircraft from WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam. Easy drive from Frisco.
    https://cavflight.org
    Most of those are flyable. I see them at the Addison Airport turning and burning. These two guys were in front of me at the run-up area this summer; great to watch.

The Gray one is a P63 Kingcobra, and the green one is a P39 Airacobra. There is only a handful, literally, of these still flyable.

IMG_5103.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    Most of those are flyable. I see them at the Addison Airport turning and burning. These two guys were in front of me at the run-up area this summer; great to watch.

The Gray one is a P63 Kingcobra, and the green one is a P39 Airacobra. There is only a handful, literally, of these still flyable.

IMG_5103.jpg
    Those are pretty rare birds, I would have enjoyed seeing them. They had a great collection and I got to see quite a few I had never seen before. And an F4 like the ones that used to rattle our windows in University Village while we were at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Power I View Post
    Those are pretty rare birds, I would have enjoyed seeing them. They had a great collection and I got to see quite a few I had never seen before. And an F4 like the ones that used to rattle our windows in University Village while we were at NDSU.
    I was mowing between some test plots for Plant Pathology back in the day and headed south when one of those F4 jocks lifted off the runway and leveled out low over 19th, all unbeknownst to me. As he overtook me he yanked the stick back and lit the burners. That was how I discovered he was there. Damn near flew off that tractor. Bet he was LHFAO.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Taco Johns in Brookings is awesome
    Taco bar at gas station in Brookings is much good.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB