Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Most of the issues this year involved storms that impacted airport operations for the week before the game. Would have thought your friend would understand that.
    AA didn't have any major issues with the weather from last Monday. It was delta that didn't have anything going in/out. So, think they fully understood...seeming as how that's their job, but what do they know? You seem to know best. Ill direct any further airport or flight decisions they or anyone may have to your inbox.

2378 miles from Jamestown to and around Frisco and back. 18 miles a gallon with a 2018 GMC 1/2 ton pickup. Drove 75-85 mph. Saw only 5 cops. No tickets.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    AA didn't have any major issues with the weather from last Monday.
    I think canceling one of their two direct flights to Dallas would qualify as a major issue.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    2378 miles from Jamestown to and around Frisco and back. 18 miles a gallon with a 2018 GMC 1/2 ton pickup. Drove 75-85 mph. Saw only 5 cops. No tickets.
    2180 Dayton to Dallas through Memphis southbound and St. Louis northbound. 55 gallons total.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless you’re bringing a tailgate setup, I can’t fathom making those drives anymore. Something to be said for a quick 2 hour flight down to DFW. That said, I drove a comfortable 3 miles from my house to the stadium this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    2180 Dayton to Dallas through Memphis southbound and St. Louis northbound. 55 gallons total.
    2110 miles from just south of the Cities to Frisco, 940 miles each way (I-35 the whole way bypassing KC on I-435, exiting just north of Denton and taking US-77/TX-288/US-380 across to Frisco) plus a week of driving around. The ol' 2006 Expedition was once again a trooper! Stopped in Moore, OK on the way down but straight back in 13 hours, 45 minutes with 3 gas/food stops and one rest area. Fortunately no weather issues driving down the Sat/Sun before or returning Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think canceling one of their two direct flights to Dallas would qualify as a major issue.
    I don't know what to tell you. I am going off what I was told and taking about with my friend who works at Hector. All I know is the facts for that day (Monday):

Delta: 0 in 0 out
    United: 1 in 1 out
    American: 5 in 5 out

I would say 1/6 wouldn't be a 'major issue' in my book, but take it for whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I don't know what to tell you. I am going off what I was told and taking about with my friend who works at Hector. All I know is the facts for that day (Monday):

Delta: 0 in 0 out
    United: 1 in 1 out
    American: 5 in 5 out

I would say 1/6 wouldn't be a 'major issue' in my book, but take it for whatever you want.
    Road was on the flight that was cancelled, so I think he would know. Clearly, your friend is mistaken. And yes, cancelling any flight when every flight is overbooked does constitute major issues. Surprised your friend doesn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Unless you’re bringing a tailgate setup, I can’t fathom making those drives anymore. Something to be said for a quick 2 hour flight down to DFW. That said, I drove a comfortable 3 miles from my house to the stadium this year!
    Agreed. Good thing the bison never lose or that 17 hr drive will feel like 34 hrs

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great trip down to Frisco and back. Besides the game, highlight of the trip was seeing Jordan Shearer wrestle for U of Nebraska. Didn't wrestle real well and took a loss, but we really enjoyed being able to see him out there competing. He took us on a tour of Memorial Stadium later that day and we got to go through the tunnel walk onto the field. 93,000 seat stadium. Great experience!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1