Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    We figured we would hang tight in Wichita for a couple hours in the morning and then head out. End up getting into to Frisco later than planned but that's ok. I'm hoping by the time we get to okc maybe noonish the roads will be drivable by ND standards

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We will give an OKC road report in the morning. Ate at Stables Cafe 3 miles off exit 157 in Guthrie tonight. Good ribs.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Bartlesville, OK. Midway Cafe. Good, reasonable road food.
    I suppose...I live there and that is about the last place most folks go. The Mexican restaurant (Senor Salsa) next door is much much better. Tinkers Glasshouse Bar and Grill is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    We will give an OKC road report in the morning. Ate at Stables Cafe 3 miles off exit 157 in Guthrie tonight. Good ribs.
    Thanks. Would appreciate it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    I suppose...I live there and that is about the last place most folks go. The Mexican restaurant (Senor Salsa) next door is much much better. Tinkers Glasshouse Bar and Grill is really good.
    Maybe I hit it on a good day. Oh well, I liked it.

Man you guys find some crazy back roads to travel across country to save an hour or 2 for a game you're arriving 4 days ahead of time lolol.

I took 75 in the cruiser because max speed was 65 but 2 lanes and towns are a huge pain in the ass. Sounds like some here have mapped it from mpls to dallas to avoid taking convenience of i35 straight to dallas

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Man you guys find some crazy back roads to travel across country to save an hour or 2 for a game you're arriving 4 days ahead of time lolol.

I took 75 in the cruiser because max speed was 65 but 2 lanes and towns are a huge pain in the ass. Sounds like some here have mapped it from mpls to dallas to avoid taking convenience of i35 straight to dallas
    That's a whole 30 minutes of my life I get back!

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 10.46.01 PM.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got settled into hotel in Plano. OKC was an icy nightmare to travel through at about 6:30 PM. Several accidents due to ice and traffic at a crawl. Several times I felt no control and slid. Was lucky to get through without a dent. Took 1.5 hours to go from just north of the city to just south of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Just got settled into hotel in Plano. OKC was an icy nightmare to travel through at about 6:30 PM. Several accidents due to ice and traffic at a crawl. Several times I felt no control and slid. Was lucky to get through without a dent. Took 1.5 hours to go from just north of the city to just south of it.
    Based on your description, the US 69/ US 75 route was a breeze by comparison then.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    My United flights were too, the next closest they could get the person to DFW was Saturday afternoon

One year Hector had so many cancelled flights and clustered up one of the airlines told the passengers they were not getting to DFW before game time and their only option was to drive. I know some that drove all night and got to game just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    One year Hector had so many cancelled flights and clustered up one of the airlines told the passengers they were not getting to DFW before game time and their only option was to drive. I know some that drove all night and got to game just in time.
    Was that when they ran out of de-icer?