Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Roads are currently terrible in NE SD. Be very careful. Multiple cars and trucks in ditch.

They greatly improve south of hwy 12 aka Aberdeen exit.
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Haha.

In cases like today if I was heading down...I'd try to find a way to go from KC to Joplin then to Little Rock and come in from the east. Ain't nobody got time for an ice storm...especially in a state with 5 salt trucks.

Looks like kc>joplin>fort Smith Arkansas then west to highway 75 takes you right into the metroplex and you avoid central Oklahoma

That adds about 3.5 hours of normal driving time. Based on the conditions and traffic in okc and my experience on US69/75 yesterday, I’d go us 69/75.

56Bison brought up an alternative of taking I49 south from Joplin to Ft Smith Arkansas. Then west to US69 in checotah,ok. That way adds about an hour of normal travel, but eliminates quite a few of the though-town travel in NE Oklahoma and brings you to the same latitude as Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    That adds about 3.5 hours of normal driving time. Based on the conditions and traffic in okc and my experience on US69/75 yesterday, I’d go us 69/75.

56Bison brought up an alternative of taking I49 south from Joplin to Ft Smith Arkansas. Then west to US69 in checotah,ok. That way adds about an hour of normal travel, but eliminates quite a few of the though-town travel in NE Oklahoma and brings you to the same latitude as Oklahoma City.
    The best radar prediction app is the Storm Radar app and gives a timeline prediction. It shows Oklahoma City as bing in the freezing stiff pretty much all day. The east route through Joplin and on US 69/75 Muskogee, McAlester shows it pretty much just raining all day with a few spots of freezing rain in the morning only

788067FC-AF3A-456E-BABC-4E72127951AC.jpg

Ended up driving so couldn't update. Had no problems with roads though OKC around 730 this morning. Little sketchy before the city but after that just fine. Standing water on roads is your main concern. Give people space and you'll be fine. One hour to go.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We just got through Norman. Lots of slush on road. Saw 4 accidents in a mile span. Few miles later saw a car going too fast and get sucked into slush and almsot hit rail but stopped in time. Seems to be better on other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Flying out of MSP Thursday AM.....Can't wait for that 1st $15 mimosa
    Got the upgrade to 1st class. American ran out of sparkling wine for mimosas or so they say.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Got the upgrade to 1st class. American ran out of sparkling wine for mimosas or so they say.
    Now what? 10char
    Don't believe everything you think.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Now what? 10char

Hello Natty Light!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Now what? 10char
    Screw drivers
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Electronic sign at Browns Valley says ice and high winds. Yes! So bad I saw 4 sd snow plows! Must have borrowed some.
    Did 35 pulling trailer. If you passed me going fast I later saw you in ,the ditch. Looking at you jack knifed semi.and numerous pickups. After Watertown it’s dry as dust.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans