Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Flying down very early Friday morning from Twin Cities with my 9 year old son...for our first in-person championship game. What are the times to see the Bison players going in/out of the stadium? Other recommendations? Would love to show him some of the tailgating too (hint hint).
    The time I was there several years ago the players unloaded at the north west corner, and it was 3 hrs prior to game or so.
    The best way to find out where is check with any Frisco police officer at the stadium, they will know when and where they are unloading.
    Go early the crowd will be heavy around the walkway to the stadium.

If wandering around Dallas look for the Muffler Man statues, there are several.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Flying down very early Friday morning from Twin Cities with my 9 year old son...for our first in-person championship game. What are the times to see the Bison players going in/out of the stadium? Other recommendations? Would love to show him some of the tailgating too (hint hint).
    8:30 is the visiting team's bus arrival and walk to the stadium, 8:45 for the home team. Bison are the home team. Get there early for front row for your son...he'll really like this...very fun.

Bartlesville, OK. Midway Cafe. Good, reasonable road food.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    8:30 is the visiting team's bus arrival and walk to the stadium, 8:45 for the home team. I'm not sure if we're the visitors or the home team? Get there early for front row for your son...he'll really like this...very fun.
    I'm starting to wonder if NDSU is the home team since the team and allotment tickets are on the east (non-pressbox) sideline. Every year in the past the team on the east sideline was the road team. I thought starting 2 or 3 years ago the higher seed was the home team (and prior to that it was determined by a coin flip before the semis). I haven't seen any indications as to what jerseys the team is wearing so it may be that NDSU is the road team.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if NDSU is the home team since the team and allotment tickets are on the east (non-pressbox) sideline. Every year in the past the team on the east sideline was the road team. I thought starting 2 or 3 years ago the higher seed was the home team (and prior to that it was determined by a coin flip before the semis). I haven't seen any indications as to what jerseys the team is wearing so it may be that NDSU is the road team.
    GoBison.com says we're the home team and our sideline is opposite of the press box.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Bartlesville, OK. Midway Cafe. Good, reasonable road food.
    That's where I live...great to know Bison fans are coming through!

Why does everyone want to avoid Wichita and drive further west? Maybe it matters where you come from but we've taken 75 south 6 years now and had no issues what so ever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Team will be wearing yellow jerseys and green helmets. NDSU chose the East side despite being the home team. I'm assuming so that entire side is all Bison fans (looks great on TV since that's the side that shows the most) and you also have the sun shining down on you which feels AMAZING this time of year. Can't wait for Saturday!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    GoBison.com says we're the home team and our sideline is opposite of the press box.
    Good to know. I wonder if it was NDSU's call what sideline they wanted since they were the home team and they chose the east sideline. In any case it'll be interesting to see what jerseys the team chooses to wear. On one hand it would be nice to see the traditional yellow helmet with green jersey and yellow pants home combo since they've never worn it in Frisco but I'm also superstitious and they've never lost in Frisco and they've never lost period in the green helmets or yellow jerseys.

Don't mess with karma I say and go with harvest helmet, yellow jersey, and green pants.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Team will be wearing yellow jerseys and green helmets. NDSU chose the East side despite being the home team. I'm assuming so that entire side is all Bison fans (looks great on TV since that's the side that shows the most) and you also have the sun shining down on you which feels AMAZING this time of year. Can't wait for Saturday!
    Well, there you go... you read my mind.