Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2019

Came back from spending time with family in southern MN today. Passed 2 Bison decorated buses on 29 while ice skating around Watertown. Just happened to look over at the other lane both times and saw them, although one was hard to miss, beautiful Bison paint job front to back. Always good to see the Herd migrating this time of year. And we had to fight the ice until about 40 miles west of Summit, SD.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishing View Post
    Though we normally go through OKC, I'm open to going though KC this year. Looks like staying east of OKC might me better due to the weather on Thursday (we'll see). Google Maps recommends taking Hwy 69 to Joplin instead of instead of I49. Is I49 the recommend route? Doesn't appear to be much longer and I assume the speed limit is higher. Thanks.
    I 49--71 Harrisonville then on to Joplin . You can then go west on I 44...........or go south to Fort Smith AR then take I 40 to Checotah where you get on 69 south till it turns to 69-75 and it brings you right in to Dallas. If your pulling a trailer there are some construction zones with width restrictions.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If anybody but me is heading there from Montana a heads up....roads really suck from Broadus Mt to Wall SD! Pretty good after that.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I 49--71 Harrisonville then on to Joplin . You can then go west on I 44...........or go south to Fort Smith AR then take I 40 to Checotah where you get on 69 south till it turns to 69-75 and it brings you right in to Dallas. If your pulling a trailer there are some construction zones with width restrictions.
    Appreciate the information.

Thanks!

My son did the drive from MSP to DFW today, I35 to KC, I49 south to Joplin/Carthage, I44 Will Rogers Turnpike west to Big Cabin, OK, then south on US69 / 75....He said it was smooth sailing the whole way. I will be making that same trip tomorrow (wednesday)

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    If anybody but me is heading there from Montana a heads up....roads really suck from Broadus Mt to Wall SD! Pretty good after that.
    My cousin is currently stuck in Wall on the way to Rapid City. Apparently 90 is completely shut down west of there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For those going to KC via I29 then to Joplin via I49, how are you going through KC? Google Maps has the route going right through downtown. Looks like there are some other options (435?).

Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 10.15.14 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Sioux City!

Place is a first class Shithole, Billings MT is the only place that can give it a run for the shit smell
    When I get back from Frisco I plan to flush some smelly stuff downstream and do my best to make GF top this list.

I really hope you all have save travels.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishing View Post
    For those going to KC via I29 then to Joplin via I49, how are you going through KC? Google Maps has the route going right through downtown. Looks like there are some other options (435?).

Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 10.15.14 PM.jpg
    Do not go through downtown. Take 435. I think its the 435 Wichita exit off of 29. But you dont want to go to Wichita. Go south and follow it. It will eventually turn east. Go east till you get to I 49. Then exit and go south.

If you take the wrong exit off of I 29 that will be the St louis exit it will get you there also. You will just be going around KC on the east side as opposed the west..

Takes about 20-25 minutes to get around KC.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."