Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
Que?? Or WTF in Norwegian...While we have an upgraded arena, we aren't even in the top half of the Summit and regionally are in the bottom as well. Out of all the DI schools in Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, and Oklahoma, we are right at the bottom of the heap. It could be argued that the SHAC is better then the Betty but after sitting through games at both venues at least I had comfortable seats in El Forko. I can't comment on player amenities and basketball specific practice facilities but I would guess that we are ahead of Omaha and Oral Roberts but that's about it.

As for the roster there is talent but not the kind of talent that would excite an incoming coach. He will have to find some fresh faces to get us back to having enough talent to win in Sioux Falls when it counts. In MVFC terms, we aren't an Indiana State type program, more like a South Dakota type program.

We are a football school which means basketball is secondary here. The flip side is that we are a basketball state and fans would pack the SHAC for a winner so maybe there is hope there. Having 2 of the last 3 coaches move onto better gigs helps. We just need to go outside of the Bison famy tree for a fresh reset. I love basketball and believe that successful program along with someday building a top tier mid major arena will be the determining factor in a conference upgrade.

I don't doubt or question your love of NDSU or knowledge of the inside workings. But sometime's even sunshine pumpers have to pump the brakes.
We disagree. Ndsu hoops is a great job that would/will attract great applicants.