Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fri 12/28 vs USD

Default Re: Fri 12/28 vs USD

I watched most of the 2nd half. Our offense should have been called get the ball to Deng on the block and get the hell out of his way! Loved that we were feeding him and letting him make plays today from posts and elbows.

Deng had a nice game-20 points. He did so well I thought I would never see him again. The crowd actually got a pulse.
    Maybe they could just coach themselves
    Last edited by StL Bison Fan; 12-30-2018 at 04:23 AM.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Dent had a nice game-20 points. He did so well I thought I would never see him again. The crowd actually got a pulse.
    Maybe they could just coach themselves
    Richmen even got into it

Fun game today, what a tale of two halves. This game isn't rocket science and hopefully Dave and coaching staff realize the night and day difference of certain rotations. Outside of foul trouble or an injury there is no reason why Geu and Ward shouldn't be playing 30 or more minutes. We have talent if we utilize it correctly. Griesel is close to coming back, he will provide some help and length. Hunter is prolly another 1-2 weeks away from being back from wrist injury.

Another big game tomorrow, need to win the conference home games.

A great and fun win to watch today. Like most of you, I enjoyed watching the "big" lineup today of Ward, Geu and Kreuser and I certainly hope we get to see more of it in the future.

With that said, I am now going to lay out some stats. It's not an argument for or against this lineup...it's just some simple analytics...

As someone who watches the majority of the games, I wondered why too we haven't seen more of this lineup. My gut told me that while this is the most "talented" lineup, it is also the most turnover prone. A little research tonight proved that my gut was right. Ward, Geu and Kreuser are 1st, 3rd and 4th in total overall TO's on the team. But more importantly, they are 1st-3rd in TO's per minutes played. Tyson averages 1 TO/10.9 minutes, Geu 1 TO/12.5 minutes and Rocky 1 TO/13.5 minutes. Compare that to Jared Samuelson who averages 1 TO/60 minutes (had to double check, but it's true). In other words, those 3 guys are the worst on the team, statistically speaking, at taking care of the basketball.

So why did this lineup work today beyond just the talent of those 3 guys. It's because they did not turn the ball over. Today, those 3 players combined for a total of 2 TO's in the game. Based off their statistical averages and minutes played today, that number should have been about 6.75 TO's. In other words, they turned the ball over about 4 or 5 times less than they normally would have. That may not seem like much, but on a team whose margin for error is not that big, that stat is huge.

So again, hope we see this lineup again, but for it and this team to be successful, those guys have to take care of the basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    A great and fun win to watch today. Like most of you, I enjoyed watching the "big" lineup today of Ward, Geu and Kreuser and I certainly hope we get to see more of it in the future.

With that said, I am now going to lay out some stats. It's not an argument for or against this lineup...it's just some simple analytics...

As someone who watches the majority of the games, I wondered why too we haven't seen more of this lineup. My gut told me that while this is the most "talented" lineup, it is also the most turnover prone. A little research tonight proved that my gut was right. Ward, Geu and Kreuser are 1st, 3rd and 4th in total overall TO's on the team. But more importantly, they are 1st-3rd in TO's per minutes played. Tyson averages 1 TO/10.9 minutes, Geu 1 TO/12.5 minutes and Rocky 1 TO/13.5 minutes. Compare that to Jared Samuelson who averages 1 TO/60 minutes (had to double check, but it's true). In other words, those 3 guys are the worst on the team, statistically speaking, at taking care of the basketball.

So why did this lineup work today beyond just the talent of those 3 guys. It's because they did not turn the ball over. Today, those 3 players combined for a total of 2 TO's in the game. Based off their statistical averages and minutes played today, that number should have been about 6.75 TO's. In other words, they turned the ball over about 4 or 5 times less than they normally would have. That may not seem like much, but on a team whose margin for error is not that big, that stat is huge.

So again, hope we see this lineup again, but for it and this team to be successful, those guys have to take care of the basketball.
    Won't disagree with you. But you also need to take into account the blocked shots and offensive production compared to the others too. Sure Samuelson doesn't turn it over often but he also isn't as agressive on either end. Don't matter that he doesn't turn it over if he isn't scoring or rebounding it's the same result anyway. Agressive players are going to have more turnovers. The whole team needs to value the ball better.

listen to the game on 1660 JJ and culhane R an awesome broadcast team-------------sounded like gue just decided to take over, really dissappointed in richamans post game interview as CAS has said before hes the most important guy in the room just ask him------he credited his "PG-13" halftime talk and his "second half adjustments" which should have been made almost a year ago--------also the whole "give them 4 hours to celebrate" bit what is he coaching alabama football its 1 summit conference league game what the eff is there 2 celebrate--------gues really smart in the post game PC he knows whats goin on out there even though he didnt start playing basketball when he was 6 years old like the rest of us------looking 4ward to watching today this team has all the pieces i just think putting up with richman daily would really wear on a guy it wears on me and i only hear him talk 10 minutes a week lol

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    listen to the game on 1660 JJ and culhane R an awesome broadcast team-------------sounded like gue just decided to take over, really dissappointed in richamans post game interview as CAS has said before hes the most important guy in the room just ask him------he credited his "PG-13" halftime talk and his "second half adjustments" which should have been made almost a year ago--------also the whole "give them 4 hours to celebrate" bit what is he coaching alabama football its 1 summit conference league game what the eff is there 2 celebrate--------gues really smart in the post game PC he knows whats goin on out there even though he didnt start playing basketball when he was 6 years old like the rest of us------looking 4ward to watching today this team has all the pieces i just think putting up with richman daily would really wear on a guy it wears on me and i only hear him talk 10 minutes a week lol
    When you're right, you're right. And you slick, I don't think you've ever been wrong.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Nothing apprenently was learned from the last game...same garbage starting lineup...

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Nothing apprenently was learned from the last game...same garbage starting lineup...

Well I THOUGHT Richman was changing saw some ISOs and sets run...no weave shit to work clock...played guys minutes WHO can MAKE A DIFFERENCE....than back to same shit today...really DID NOT reward guys who played well yesterday...well We know Richy cant game plan, sub, draw up OB plays, make game adjustments, coach up guys during games, smile while earning $200K at work......butttt we do know HES STUBBORN LIKE A DAMN MULE...