Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: This Bison team!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: This Bison team!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Not sure about individual players, but 1986 shouldn’t be in discussion. I frankly don’t think they hang with any of these recent Bison teams.

More intriguing thought would be 2007. Tons of NFL talent and they beat two FBS teams that year.
    I believe Beano Cook had that 1986 team in his top ten that year for all of college football.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we were talking one game and one game only, I would take the 2015 National Championship game Bison over anyone. I don’t think there is a team in the history of the FCS that would have been capable of beating THAT specific team.
    Hilarious! Should have been in Viking purple though. I love the classic lines losing coaches deliver after the game to justify the loss to the Bison. “We didn’t play well for whatever reason.” The Bison were the reason you fucking moron!

Not sure about individual players, but 1986 shouldn’t be in discussion. I frankly don’t think they hang with any of these recent Bison teams.

More intriguing thought would be 2007. Tons of NFL talent and they beat two FBS teams that year.
    You have to remember (or understand) that back then, DII was closer to DI-AA/FCS caliber football than it is today. You mention NFL talent about the 2007 team, but disregard the amount that was on the Bison 80’s teams.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Googled 1986 just to see what I would get,
    and this was a great quote:

https://gobison.com/sports/1986/12/1...3.aspx?id=2126

-North Dakota State captured its third national NCAA Division II football title in the last four years on a cool December day at Braly Stadium with a sound 27-7 win over North Central Conference rival South Dakota.

"I wish to hell they would get out of Division II," said South Dakota head coach Dave Triplett following the game. "They can go wherever they want."
    Oh......Tyrone Braxton and Doug Lloyd were in the box score for a couple individual players who could play today,
    not sure what you would do with Bentrim......in Fargo that is, he would look great at Kennesaw State.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    this years RB's are better than 2013, not really sure how you could argue otherwise. Deeper, and as or more talented.

On the other hand the best safety of the dynasty was Christian Dudzik. Fastest of the bunch by quite a bit and maybe the best tackler. If he could catch he would've been an all american for sure. With Shepard and Heagle 2013 was the better unit.

as far as the line goes, I like 2018 better. Wouldn't be surprised to see several players play pro
    Agree on this 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Agree on this 1000%
    I’ll put an asterisk to this thought - I think the 2018 RB’s are more injury prone than 2013......
    Ojuri and Crockett - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Googled 1986 just to see what I would get,
    and this was a great quote:

https://gobison.com/sports/1986/12/1...3.aspx?id=2126

Oh......Tyrone Braxton and Doug Lloyd were in the box score for a couple individual players who could play today,
    not sure what you would do with Bentrim......in Fargo that is, he would look great at Kennesaw State.
    Jim Dick, Scott Schutt and Chad Stark also made it to the NFL according to this link: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ls/nodakotast/

With Braxton and Lloyd, that makes five Bison who made it to the NFL from that team (1986). Not sure if Phil Hansen was a redshirt Freshman that year, but he was part of that era.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Hard to say which team is better from different years but the 2013 team is the best I've ever seen at this level. I think this year's team would give them a hell of a game if not beat that team.

IMO at this point, if the Bison don't win the Natty the season is a bust.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    IMO at this point, if the Bison don't win the Natty the season is a bust.
    It would be a big disappointment, but not a bust. The teams games and environment for sdsu kept the reception class together and going forward this class looks to be the best ever. Which is crazy during a coaching transition