Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This Bison team!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: This Bison team!

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    kept the reception class together and going forward this class looks to be the best ever. Which is crazy during a coaching transition
    You say this based on what? I always question these kind of statements given that none of them have played a down of college football. You probably say based on the paper it is the greatest recruiting class but given how many seniors there are on the current team and the 2013 team, I mean seriously?

It would be a big disappointment, but not a bust. The teams games and environment for sdsu kept the reception class together and going forward this class looks to be the best ever. Which is crazy during a coaching transition
    If they don't win their legacy will be "One of the best Bison teams ever, but...". I won't jump off the ledge, but that is more than a disappointment to me. Next year is a big unknown and there are some positions with unproven players.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    You say this based on what? I always question these kind of statements given that none of them have played a down of college football. You probably say based on the paper it is the greatest recruiting class but given how many seniors there are on the current team and the 2013 team, I mean seriously?
    Yeah I get they haven't gotten here yet. Thanks captain obvious. Turn on the tape, great athletes at lb,DB,dt, ot. Haven't been able to get that many guys like that before except when u of m's head was up their ass. In this case especially just not losing half these guys is huge to keeping the dominance going. Let's say we lost half the lbs the DT and an it to k state. Now only 1 lb pans out and we fall apart on d. Really thin POS group depth wise and we got 4 really good changes to make good. Yes it is that good of a class.

Yeah I get they haven't gotten here yet. Thanks captain obvious. Turn on the tape, great athletes at lb,DB,dt, ot. Haven't been able to get that many guys like that before except when u of m's head was up their ass. In this case especially just not losing half these guys is huge to keeping the dominance going. Let's say we lost half the lbs the DT and an it to k state. Now only 1 lb pans out and we fall apart on d. Really thin POS group depth wise and we got 4 really good changes to make good. Yes it is that good of a class.
    No one has any idea what the chemistry among these players is going to be, especially with 24 Seniors and a large number of starters leaving. Add in a new OC, DC and other position Coaches and again no one knows for sure what is going to happen in the next couple of years. We were lucky with all of those changes once. Maybe that too is obvious, but we have learned from 2016 that there are no guarantees and nothing can be taken for granted.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Holy shit Vet70 you’re a downer. We gotta vote your ass off the island!

Perhaps he would like to swap recruiting classes with that school up north,
    if it doesn’t make any difference who you sign .

Highest ranked recruiting class is a different topic than greatest Bison team ever......

In this 2019 recruiting class, North Dakota State will sign five recruits in linebacker Luke Weerts, quarterback Jaren Lewis, offensive tackle Hunter Poncius, and defensive lineman Reed Ryan and Will Mostaert that rank in the top-10 all-time for Bison signees.

That's a big deal.

Now, are stars and recruiting rankings the end all be all? Absolutely not, but they provide a good indication of how a team is recruiting, and to have five signees in this 2019 jump inside the top-10 all time NDSU signees? That's a good trend to be on.
    https://247sports.com/college/north-...4/#126525944_1

Losing QB Jaren Lewis hurts, and would slightly lower the class ranking, but if I had to pick 1 of the top 5 to lose right before signing day, Lewis would be the one. Trey Lance & Holden Hotchkiss & the new guy leave 3 competitors......

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Holy shit Vet70 you’re a downer. We gotta vote your ass off the island!
    Reality Bites. By the way, we are all going to die sooner or later.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    2013 Called..... Their 10+ NFL players wants a word with you.

Bar none, best NDSU team ever not even a comparison.

FCS is pud weak in 2018, NDSU schedule was insanely mundane.

Sorry. Case closed.
    Yeah right!! 28 NFL players from the Missouri Valley alone!

https://valley-football.org/news/201...?path=football

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Reality Bites. By the way, we are all going to die sooner or later.
    We will all die and Bison football will live on long after us.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    2013 Called..... Their 10+ NFL players wants a word with you.

Bar none, best NDSU team ever not even a comparison.

FCS is pud weak in 2018, NDSU schedule was insanely mundane.

Sorry. Case closed.
    10+ players from 2013 in the NFL, 2018-- 0. I agree case closed.

(P.S.---I doubt it is "10+", but I'll roll with that number just for fun).
    Paul Fix