Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Bison team!

Default Re: This Bison team!

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Who all was in that group? Was Jim Dick middle or am I mixing years?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2013 just executed at a really high level. I think talent wise 2013 wasn't that much better than everyone was but just didn't make mistakes. 2018 is better than everyone by a good night imo

Thanks for the video, I didn’t realize how much I’d forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    2013 just executed at a really high level. I think talent wise 2013 wasn't that much better than everyone was but just didn't make mistakes. 2018 is better than everyone by a good night imo
    Not so sure about that. Remember how many NFL guys who were on the '13 team. Not to mention, they did not "get lucky" when they flat out beat K St. Now, we may have that level of talent on this team too, but '13 was so good our backup QB was Carson Wentz.....

The leadership on this years team is so damn impressive.

Easton Stick is so gifted in every way. How in the hell does a guy perform like that while succeeding in the classroom at the same time? Incredible self discipline. I would have messed it up partying or.......

Outscored their opponents 38.7 to 11.2 per game for the year.

Outscored their opponents 41.7 to 11.8 per game through 14 games.

Statistically, 2018 probably gets the edge, although 2013 had a tougher road having the K State game on their resume. I’d also say the 2013 team never had a YSU performance on their resume. 2018 has to win the National Championship to even be in conversation, but I guess I’d break it down like this.

Quarterbacks
    -Advantage 2013 team, overall, however I’m taking Stick if both teams played one game. Stick might win the Payton, but it is easy to forget how good Jensen was in 2013. 2013 team also has Wentz sitting on the bench.

Running Backs
    -Advantage 2013 team. No offense to this group of horses, but Ojuri/Crockett was filthy

Wide Receivers
    -Advantage 2013 team. Vraa had the greatest season by a receiver in NDSU history and Ryan Smith did everything Shepherd can do

Offensive Line
    -Advantage 2013 team. NFL players at both tackles

Tight Ends
    -Tough call but I probably would go with 2018. Ben Ellefson is a stud.

Defensive Line
    -Man really tough call. 2013 was really good along the starting front, but I don’t think they had the depth 2018 has or the versatility. Probably taking 2018 in a game just due to the depth.

Linebackers
    -2013 clear advantage. Coz IMO is better than anyone on the 2013 team, but 2013 has Beck.

Safeties
    -Man another tough call. Grimsley and Henricks are really good, and Heagle and Dudzik are legends. I’m probably going to go with 2018. Robbie is a two time All American and James Hendricks is so versatile.

Cornerbacks
    -2013 clearly with CJ Smith and Marcus Williams.

Special Teams
    -2013. Adam Keller is the best field goal kicker in school history and Ben single handily won games for us. Also had better return game with Ryan Smith and Dudzik.

Coaching Staff
    -Might be where the game is decided. 2018 by a landslide with Mess being the X factor.

Overall....man I don’t know. All in all, I’m probably going with 2013.

Great analysis!

I agree with everything except the quarterback.

Brock was clutch, but Easton is even better. His durability is so good he could turn out to be “better” than Wentz, no matter how much top end Carson has. Carson can’t win from the bench.

I am totally confused. Several people mention that the 2018 team has to win the Championship to be in the conversation then they put them in the conversation.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Great analysis!

I agree with everything except the quarterback.

Brock was clutch, but Easton is even better. His durability is so good he could turn out to be “better” than Wentz, no matter how much top end Carson has. Carson can’t win from the bench.
    Brock Jensen 2013 Stats
    2,793 Passing Yards, 34 TD’s 7 INT’s, 66.3% completion percentage 218 completions on 329 attempts
    479 Rushing Yards on 99 carries and 10 Rushing TD’s
    Overall 7.64 yards and 0.10 TD’s per offensive attempt

Easton Stick 2018 Stats (through 14 games)
    2,554 Passing Yards, 26 TD’s 5 INT’s, 61.8% completion percentage 162 completions on 262 attempts
    556 Rushing Yards on 99 carries and 14 Rushing TD’s
    Overall 8.61 yards and 0.11 TD’s per offensive attempt

Stick has had a great year, but from a pure statistical perspective, Jensen’s 2013 campaign was right up there. Jensen benefited from a better weapons surrounding him, but Stick also benefited from better coordinator. Stick has been more efficient than Jensen but at this point, Jensen’s 2013 campaign is still arguably the best QB season we have seen from a Bison.

I honestly think it is a toss up between the two, but from a TEAM perspective, I’d take the 2013 TEAM due to the depth factor.
    Last edited by 2011BisonAlumni; 12-26-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    2018-19, 2013, 1986, and go from there. I feel the current team is the best, but they need to win the Natty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we were talking one game and one game only, I would take the 2015 National Championship game Bison over anyone. I don’t think there is a team in the history of the FCS that would have been capable of beating THAT specific team.