Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Grant is coming home!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Looks like Grant is coming home!

Quote Originally Posted by On_the_road View Post
    This is an excellent point. The only people that know what he is like as a coach are Bohl's crew and the coaches where he is now. He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach, communicator or recruiter. There is a reason that he is no longer with Bohl at Wyoming. That could be any number of things. When Entz was hired the way he was hired I came to the conclusion that we would be a three loss team next year. Now with four more coaches gone and the way that decisions are being made, I believe that we will be a four loss team next year and probably the year after. Bisonville will once again be up in arms. Let the flame throwing begin.
    Listening to Grant speak many times during his playing career at NDSU and all that has been said about him, I have no doubt he will make a fantastic communicator and that's half the battle right there.
    And about Entz, I would have agreed with you 100% 5 years ago, I had my doubts about him when he got here, but I think he learned and absorbed a lot from Klieman over the years. If there is any question about next year's team, it will be on the offensive side considering there will be a new OC and QB at the helm.

Wouldn’t the new DC want some say in who his LB coach is gonna be? Why hire an LB coach before the DC has been hired/named?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wouldn’t the new DC want some say in who his LB coach is gonna be? Why hire an LB coach before the DC has been hired/named?

Maybe the new DC is already on the staff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Maybe the new DC is already on the staff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    How to post a meme with a head exploding?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Odds are its Goeser, and Nick was here when Grant was playing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Sorry

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    dont get me wrong, he is a good player but definitely not a good coach. Will hurt us during recruiting.
    Assuming you weren't being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by On_the_road View Post
    This is an excellent point. The only people that know what he is like as a coach are Bohl's crew and the coaches where he is now. He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach, communicator or recruiter. There is a reason that he is no longer with Bohl at Wyoming. That could be any number of things. When Entz was hired the way he was hired I came to the conclusion that we would be a three loss team next year. Now with four more coaches gone and the way that decisions are being made, I believe that we will be a four loss team next year and probably the year after. Bisonville will once again be up in arms. Let the flame throwing begin.
    4 losses very unlikely. Only if there's major injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    So...how was he hired?
    Sounds like someone wanted someone else as coach