Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Default Re: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Yeah same with ball state.

Strength of schedule upped quite a bit with how Michigan finished and playing Clemson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That schedule is lit. Lmao

start a "Notre Dame" thread please. tell us about that hard schedule every year there.. :P
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

I've been on the field with both NDSU and Notre Dame. It is night and day.
    Just what we need - officials believing that the difference between ANY teams on a football field is night and day.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Just what we need - officials believing that the difference between ANY teams on a football field is night and day.
    I'm referring to the size and speed of the players. It's definitely a different level in those regards. Also the way they approach practice and the intensity of the practice is very different. The facilities too (although the current ND indoor facility is unimpressive, the new one looks nicer than most stadiums). But none of that means NDSU couldn't beat them and even if you make that observation you would never let a perceived advantage affect how you call the game. I've had too many games where one team looks good "padded up" but then gets beat on the field.

We had that once in a HS game with a very small school hosting a home school team playing their first Friday night varsity football game. The HS team was 0-3 and beaten badly in every game they played. The home school team looked sharp. Shiny new uniforms, coaches all matched, drills looked good, decent size on the line for a small HS. When we suspended the game due to lightening with 6 minutes left in the first quarter, the home team was ahead 38-0. They had scored on 4 of their 6 offensive plays, plus an interception return and a punt return (they had a hard time with extra points). The home school team did have one drive where they gained a couple first downs, but otherwise moved backward on most plays.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Tell us where 5 stars go then. They must not go to Texas.... the premier school in the premier football factory state. None go to USC of course, who wants to play football in the Coliseum, right? Dont even get me started on Georgia, not like they havent recruited 5 stars with such regularity that they transfer out for PT. Notre Dame? Lmao, those guys wouldn't know what to do if a 5 star so much as made eye contact with them.

And no Scottie, each one of those teams would almost certainly beat ndsu by ~21
    If you aren’t sure what point I am trying to make I will type slowly.

You stated how superior any one of these teams are to NDSU responding to Scottie.

Would need to see it played out on the field but I am confident an almost certain ~21 point defeat in every case is incorrect. Particularly in the case of Notre Dame.

NDSU has beaten every recent P5 put in front of them, and take care of their FCS business consistently. No * for getting drilled by Clemson, and using it as a transitive suggesting how NDSU was just as good as ‘Bama.

Go on the Notre Dame board if you want everyone to agree that they would kick NDSU around by a 21+ near certainty.

However even there my guess is someone would challenge it.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Did a ref just say fbs kids practice harder then fcs kids?

Going to start calling you indybusiness!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    If you aren’t sure what point I am trying to make I will type slowly.

You stated how superior any one of these teams are to NDSU responding to Scottie.

Would need to see it played out on the field but I am confident an almost certain ~21 point defeat in every case is incorrect. Particularly in the case of Notre Dame.

NDSU has beaten every recent P5 put in front of them, and take care of their FCS business consistently. No * for getting drilled by Clemson, and using it as a transitive suggesting how NDSU was just as good as ‘Bama.

Go on the Notre Dame board if you want everyone to agree that they would kick NDSU around by a 21+ near certainty.

However even there my guess is someone would challenge it.

Varying opinions is fine. Actually happy to see that post get quoted, since it brought back up the 5 star recruit stuff that we veered off from.

For 2020, Georgia currently has 2 5's committed, Texas has none(2 last year), USC has 0, but 4 in 2018 class, ND has 1 committed, 0 last year.

Point being, there are a few programs that the very high end kids go to. The ones I listed in the "5 stars arent going to Kansas State" discussion all seem to still get these kids to come.
    College of Business Alumnus

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Did a ref just say fbs kids practice harder then fcs kids?

Going to start calling you indybusiness!
    I never said they practiced harder. I said they approach practice differently and with different intensity. It's hard to explain, but it's different. Each team does 5 minute segments with different things each segment so that's not different. The way they move from segment to segment and the things they do in each segment feels different. The number of people around the field observing (even a closed practice) is VERY different. They have a different pressure and stress to be successful than even many other FBS schools. It's pretty cool to have the opportunity to be around that. I've worked IU, Purdue, Louisville and a few MAC schools and it feels different than them as well. I would think Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and other top 15/20 programs would feel similar, but I haven't been fortunate to work at those schools.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The ones I listed in the "5 stars arent going to Kansas State" discussion .........,.
    Lmao! That wasn’t a discussion. That was an attempt to ridicule bruinbison, who does a great job of trying to post relevant recruiting information on these threads. You were being a dick, like you always are. But then you hate it when someone is a dick right back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Lmao! That wasn’t a discussion. That was an attempt to ridicule bruinbison, who does a great job of trying to post relevant recruiting information on these threads. You were being a dick, like you always are. But then you hate it when someone is a dick right back at you.
    Ridiculing him? You serious, Clark? Cracking a joke about K State missing on cream of the crop high end recruits is hardly ridicule. He brought up a glass ceiling existing there and I'd bet the data backs that up.
    College of Business Alumnus