Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Default Re: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Partcipating Student athletes do not have a constitutional right to do or say whatever they want at a sanctioned athletic event.....sorry.

When they are attending a game as a fan sure do what u must.
    Show me the case that says that.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Should we stop donating to tea makers because fans yell home of the Bison at the end of the anthem?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If you agree it's the students right it doesn't make any sense to pull money from teamakers win by definition it's out of their control.

I support their right to do it.

I'm not going to pay for it.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

http://www.ennisbritton.com/blog/201...onstitutional.

Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District

Several students wore black armbands in protest of the Vietnam War, despite the school’s policy prohibiting students from wearing these armbands. The Court held that the students’ wearing these armbands was considered protected speech under the First Amendment and declared the school’s policy unconstitutional.

And if you want to push that the students give up rights there's a whole pile of EEOC law that says that government employees don't give up their right to free speech.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Should we stop donating to tea makers because fans yell home of the Bison at the end of the anthem?

Stop telling people how to spend their own money.

You certainly can. Your choice .
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Stop telling people how to spend their own money.
    When the hell did I tell anyone how to spend their money?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    It is interesting to see how willingly people will burn the whole house down just to "enforce" their perfect personal narrative. I think Yoda made some sorta profound statement about believing in absolutes. I believe it was in Episode 3.

(That feeling that you have is normal. My kids hate when I refer to the wisdom of our little green friend.)
    The athletes are the ones playing with fire. They have to determine if its worth it. No donations, No COA. I wonder how many of these student athletes would take the hit of losing 2-4 thousand dollars. They might better understand the economics of their actions. Or the fact others would also lose their scholarships.
    The world runs on people voting with their wallets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The athletes are the ones playing with fire. They have to determine if its worth it. No donations, No COA. I wonder how many of these student athletes would take the hit of losing 2-4 thousand dollars. They might better understand the economics of their actions. Or the fact others would also lose their scholarships.
    The world runs on people voting with their wallets.
    Im looking around and I’m seeing a lot of kneeling on my TV already and if these others leagues get restarted you’re going to see a lot more messaging about social justice. I think maybe the money has moved to the other side of this conflict. The one that doesn’t treat people like property.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Im looking around and I’m seeing a lot of kneeling on my TV already and if these others leagues get restarted you’re going to see a lot more messaging about social justice. I think maybe the money has moved to the other side of this conflict. The one that doesn’t treat people like property.
    maybe your watching catholic mass. Have you tried changing the channel?

Lardsin must go!