Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Default Re: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Interesting—https://twitter.com/kellisrobinett/s...974526467?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was just going to post this. 810 sports radio in KC was talking about this move earlier today. My first words to a K-Stater I work with were, "oh $hit. Guess who's gonna be on Kleiman's list?"
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 02-27-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Interesting—https://twitter.com/kellisrobinett/s...974526467?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know the money is probably really, really good, but with the toxic environment there, one that has greatly the affected the USOC and its NGBs, I would suggest staying far, far away.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Was just going to post this. 810 sports radio in KC was talking about this move earlier today. My first words to a K-Stater I work with were, "oh $hit. Guess who's gonna be on Kleiman's list?"
    Can't imagine any scenario where Entz leaves after 1 yr as HC. Just doesnt make good career sense imo even if it would be a move to a P5.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Can't imagine any scenario where Entz leaves after 1 yr as HC. Just doesnt make good career sense imo even if it would be a move to a P5.

I agree with you and I think Entz wants to put his own stamp on the program and the sky is the limit for the next 3 years. Guessing a conversation will take place though.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I agree with you and I think Entz wants to put his own stamp on the program and the sky is the limit for the next 3 years. Guessing a conversation will take place though.
    I would bet it will as well.

I think ME is very excited to be an HC. He has been preparing for that day for as long as he has been in coaching he has said.

I have no doubt the allure of P5 and a much larger paycheck will no doubt be compelling. The future looks bright here at QB U though. While he has his strong supporting cast I can’t imagine how he would have a faster track to P5 HC than sticking to his knitting right here where he is just getting things going his way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I think ME is very excited to be an HC. He has been preparing for that day for as long as he has been in coaching he has said.

I have no doubt the allure of P5 and a much larger paycheck will no doubt be compelling. The future looks bright here at QB U though. While he has his strong supporting cast I can’t imagine how he would have a faster track to P5 HC than sticking to his knitting right here where he is just getting things going his way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It is comments like this that blow mind. There have been 2 total head coaches that have gone from FCS to a P5 coaching job. 1 Klieman the other is Jim Tressel. A good DC on P5 team will get 20 more looks than Matt Entz even if he wins 5 more Nattys.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    It is comments like this that blow mind. There have been 2 total head coaches that have gone from FCS to a P5 coaching job. 1 Klieman the other is Jim Tressel. A good DC on P5 team will get 20 more looks than Matt Entz even if he wins 5 more Nattys.
    I agree with this but I also believe having a number of years of head coaching experience to add to your resume when moving from P5 DC to HC could be a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree with this but I also believe having a number of years of head coaching experience to add to your resume when moving from P5 DC to HC could be a difference maker.

I wonder if the longer NDSU wins, the less significant big jobs value it. Bohl has done well. If Klieman does well too I guess that should help.

I dont know much about Entz, I assume he's good because Bohl hired good guys, who in turn hired good guys. I assume talented people recognize other talented people.

He'll get a shot at some point.
    College of Business Alumnus

Why would anyone think Entz would consider the KSU DC job? Didn't he pass this opportunity last year to take the NDSU HC job?
    Hail the BISON!!!