Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Default Re: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    maybe your watching catholic mass. Have you tried changing the channel?
    No religious ceremonies on TV here, sorry. Just a couple dozen football matches every week.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    No religious ceremonies on TV here, sorry. Just a couple dozen football matches every week.
    I'd love to discuss this with you in the proper place but are you saying this is a world wide thing? I'm so confused.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The athletes are the ones playing with fire. They have to determine if its worth it. No donations, No COA. I wonder how many of these student athletes would take the hit of losing 2-4 thousand dollars. They might better understand the economics of their actions. Or the fact others would also lose their scholarships.
    The world runs on people voting with their wallets.
    Then it is settled.... Throw the kid at Kansas St. out of school. He is a member of a school organization, and he brought negative publicity to the school. Out he goes!

I am being facetious obviously, but money corrupts everything. It will be an interesting issue for Universities going forward. Because frankly, in a perfect world, the University shouldn't give a flying fuck if the speech on the University pisses people off. You could/should make the arguement that if athletics causes conflict with the open exchange of ideas.... athletics should go.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Then it is settled.... Throw the kid at Kansas St. out of school. He is a member of a school organization, and he brought negative publicity to the school. Out he goes!

I am being facetious obviously, but money corrupts everything. It will be an interesting issue for Universities going forward. Because frankly, in a perfect world, the University shouldn't give a flying fuck if the speech on the University pisses people off. You could/should make the arguement that if athletics causes conflict with the open exchange of ideas.... athletics should go.
    If I remember correctly the organization he belongs to is not recognized or affiliated with the university.
    Rob Port would agree with you.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

If someone kneels, maybe go talk with them? Maybe you'd gain some understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'd love to discuss this with you in the proper place but are you saying this is a world wide thing? I'm so confused.
    Yes. Every English Premier League match since their restart, for example. I know we’re exceptional but the US isn’t the only place still struggling with their history of enslavement, colonialism, and systemic discrimination.

Also, Spain, Germany and Italy I’ve seen it from there after goals. Kneeling and/or messages of solidarity on undershirts.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Show me the case that says that.
    Show me a law that says they can.

You cant because there are limits on what one can do. For instance, You certainly cant jerkoff on the 50 yardline in protest. You cant punch the local "pigs" in protest. Nor can your actions insight violance.

Of course you know all this.

Unfortunately, the kneeling movement just like the hands up dont shoot message is was being hijacked by the anarchist.

I can see a day when the athlete kneels and rises to the white privileged guilt ridden white daughter inspired to negate her white privilege attack the police officer standing there protecting the protesting athlete.

So yeah while its peaceful sure they might get away with it, but after this month.......

It's only a matter of time. Soon no player will be on the field until after or no NA at all. Of course that is the new goal of those manipulating the treat everyone as an equal movement.

I digress, but my point stands. Just cuz one is at a state college and expressing a political statement they are not free to do whatever they want..... there are limitations.

I hope my second point is obvious and shared......stop hijacking equality movements with actions that only create division.

My third maybe not so obvious point......be proud of who u are regardless of your color. If you did nothing personally wrong you have nothing to apologize for.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 07-02-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Im looking around and I’m seeing a lot of kneeling on my TV already and if these others leagues get restarted you’re going to see a lot more messaging about social justice. I think maybe the money has moved to the other side of this conflict. The one that doesn’t treat people like property.
    Disagree- I think eventually you will see advertising go away so people don’t feel companies/money is in a side. Easier to stay away all together than have to explain something that offends someone one way or the other. Coca Cola on social media is a good example

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Show me a law that says they can.

You cant because there are limits on what one can do. For instance, You certainly cant jerkoff on the 50 yardline in protest. You cant punch the local "pigs" in protest. Nor can your actions insight violance.

Of course you know all this.

Unfortunately, the kneeling movement just like the hands up dont shoot message is was being hijacked by the anarchist.

I can see a day when the athlete kneels and rises to the white privileged guilt ridden white daughter inspired to negate her white privilege attack the police officer standing there protecting the protesting athlete.

So yeah while its peaceful sure they might get away with it, but after this month.......

It's only a matter of time. Soon no player will be on the field until after or no NA at all. Of course that is the new goal of those manipulating the treat everyone as an equal movement.

I digress, but my point stands. Just cuz one is at a state college and expressing a political statement they are not free to do whatever they want..... there are limitations.

I hope my second point is obvious and shared......stop hijacking equality movements with actions that only create division.

My third maybe not so obvious point......be proud of who u are regardless of your color. If you did nothing personally wrong you have nothing to apologize for.
    The first amendment of the US Constitution.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

the student isnt expelled
    the players continue to whine over a meme
    enjoy your money Klieman and Taylor.

i saw this rumor out there, that if Ferentz gets fired at Iowa over strength coach & other issues that Klieman back to Iowa and Gene Taylor takes over for retiring Gary Barta.
    thatd be wild.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?