Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Default Re: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Dude. They beat a good Mississippi State team and lost (albeit badly) to a good Oklahoma State team.

Much of the Big 12 is average to bad. I don't see them going 3-5 the rest of the way and definitely not 2-6.
    They should lose to Oklahoma and Texas. Could see possibly two losses between TCU, Iowa State, or Baylor. That’s four possible losses cuz no way they lose to Kansas, WVU or TTU.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Dude. They beat a good Mississippi State team and lost (albeit badly) to a good Oklahoma State team.

Much of the Big 12 is average to bad. I don't see them going 3-5 the rest of the way and definitely not 2-6.
    The real positive is K-State held what has been a relatively high flying offense (like most of the B12) the past few years to 23 points. K-State's own offense was not so good during the couple of quarters I watched. Despite the abhorrent stat of allowing one guy rush for 296 yards, they kept huge points off the board. It is those huge points that move B12 teams up the rankings. Still, a loss is a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    The real positive is K-State held what has been a relatively high flying offense (like most of the B12) the past few years to 23 points. K-State's own offense was not so good during the couple of quarters I watched. Despite the abhorrent stat of allowing one guy rush for 296 yards, they kept huge points off the board. It is those huge points that move B12 teams up the rankings. Still, a loss is a loss.
    Watching the game I felt like if K-states offense wasn't going 3 and out all the time their defense would have been even better. I think they were pretty gassed being on the field all the time. Not sure why Klieman didn't change QB's to try to get the offense going.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Watching the game I felt like if K-states offense wasn't going 3 and out all the time their defense would have been even better. I think they were pretty gassed being on the field all the time. Not sure why Klieman didn't change QB's to try to get the offense going.
    I don't think Thompson at QB was the issue. It was a disaster trying to get Holmcomb on the field for his 2-3 plays as QB, and just two days after the game he entered the transfer portal. The bigger issue was not having anyone open to throw to.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I don't think Thompson at QB was the issue. It was a disaster trying to get Holmcomb on the field for his 2-3 plays as QB, and just two days after the game he entered the transfer portal. The bigger issue was not having anyone open to throw to.
    I agree with this. Thompson was not their problem. He's actually pretty solid (MUCH better than Delton ever was). Them not having their Swiss army guy (Malik Knowles) on the field really hampered them against the Pokes. I don't think they anticipated his absence would cause so many problems. Overall the team just didn't play very well once they got behind. That team isn't built to score points in a hurry, especially without Knowles. Also, that RB for the Pokes is legit.
    Last edited by moosbah; 10-03-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    I agree with this. Thompson was not their problem. He's actually pretty solid (MUCH better than Delton ever was). Them not having their Swiss army guy (Malik Knowles) on the field really hampered them against the Pokes. I don't think they anticipated his absence would cause so many problems. Overall the team just didn't play very well once they got behind. That team isn't built to score points in a hurry, especially without Knowles. Also, that RB for the Pokes is legit.
    I also agree that Thompson did not seem to be a problem however he does not seem to be dual threat either. I was thinking that I bet CK and Mess would have liked to have had a weapon like, oh, Trey Lance for example. That QB for Ok State on the other hand was quite dynamic, at least in that game. He and the running back you pointed out as well as the one wide out all seemed to play with a high level of intensity and were quite fast I thought.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I also agree that Thompson did not seem to be a problem however he does not seem to be dual threat either. I was thinking that I bet CK and Mess would have liked to have had a weapon like, oh, Trey Lance for example. That QB for Ok State on the other hand was quite dynamic, at least in that game. He and the running back you pointed out as well as the one wide out all seemed to play with a high level of intensity and were quite fast I thought.
    Thompson can run a little, but he's definitely not a runner. That was the problem last year. They had a runner, Delton, and a passer, Thompson, but neither did the other very well. For my money, Thompson is much the better QB. Delton has done nothing since transferring to TCU. He doesn't even play.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

What bothered me was the size of holes that Chuba Hubbard (yes, he's legit) was running through. Some of the holes were big enough that I think Scottie could have driven his combine through them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scottie still would have been punched through his face mask eventually though by someone. Just bound to happen.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

KState down 3-10 to Baylor at the half.