Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Default Re: Klieman's Kstate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Teams are loading up on the inside to take that away, that's why the outside runs have been good.
    Agree with this, but shouldn’t that open up the middle a little? I’ve been disappointed in the power run so far this year, too. Hoping it improves, but I think it’s unlikely to have an easier time running power in Valley play. We shall see...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Agree with this, but shouldn’t that open up the middle a little? I’ve been disappointed in the power run so far this year, too. Hoping it improves, but I think it’s unlikely to have an easier time running power in Valley play. We shall see...
    Only if teams stop stacking the box with eight players. The first three opponents have totally sold out on stopping the run up the middle. The problem for them, and anyone else NDSU plays, is that the Bison are really good at attacking the perimeter and have a great passing game.

The power run through the A gap to me now is like watching a boxer land body shots. It doesn’t look impressive, but it wears out a defense eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    We haven't really broken out the zone blocking schemes this year. Its been man on man drive block after drive block and that's why weve been slow to run up the middle early and then late weve been rolling over teams. Well break it out when the time is right.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 09-15-2019 at 07:36 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Only if teams stop stacking the box with eight players. The first three opponents have totally sold out on stopping the run up the middle. The problem for them, and anyone else NDSU plays, is that the Bison are really good at attacking the perimeter and have a great passing game.

The power run through the A gap to me now is like watching a boxer land body shots. It doesn’t look impressive, but it wears out a defense eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As trey makes his mark they will stop stacking the box... I think teams have been trying to make our freshman qb beat them.. so far he has passed all the tests

"This was K-State’s first nonconference road victory over a power-conference opponent since 2011 and its first-ever road win over a SEC team." -Kellis Robinett, Wichita Eagle
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    "This was K-State’s first nonconference road victory over a power-conference opponent since 2011 and its first-ever road win over a SEC team." -Kellis Robinett, Wichita Eagle
    That's a fucking statement right there.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    As trey makes his mark they will stop stacking the box... I think teams have been trying to make our freshman qb beat them.. so far he has passed all the tests
    Bingo......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Twitter keyword search on chris klieman result in some pretty entertaining reading:

https://twitter.com/search?q=chris%20klieman&src=tyah

Isnt it interesting how most Bison fans (me included) root for Klieman yet Bohl seems to get the cold shoulder? Goes to show that some honesty, transparency, and some class when leaving goes a long way.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com