Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Tailgating Information

Default Frisco Tailgating Information

All - I contacted Hunter Youmans (hyoumans@fcdallas.net and phone 469.365.0196) from Toyota Stadium. He joined the Toyota Stadium team in May but has heard about Bison fans. Hunter indicated that Bison tailgating is focused in the Blue Lot on the East Side. Yes, he did admit that "it will be 80/20 or even 90/10 NDSU so anywhere is safe"

They are not allowing tailgating or parking on Friday because of liability and security cost, similar to last year. Hunter indicated the lots will open at 7 AM on Saturday, but I am confident his people will be there by 5 AM so likely we will be able to start moving in by 5:30 AM Saturday. Hunter indicated rigs need to be moved out by midnight on Saturday.

I asked if we could sell out a tailgating section, could we move in early? He said "yes", if we could do 12-6PM entry on Friday. Blue Lot has 550 spots and the North Side has some smaller lots. While I frankly would prefer to tailgate in Red Lot (west side), I am confident we could talk him into Friday and get West if we could commit to 500 plus spots. Spots are $20 each and thus $10K could buy him a lot of security and some margin/profit.

If you are interested in helping show Hunter the response from Bison nation, please email hyoumans@fcdallas.net and/or call 469.365.0196. I'll also be reaching out to the Alumni Association, in the event they could help liaison and bring Friday afternoon/evening tailgating alive. However I understand their focus is on Friday's night Plano Legacy Food Hall event and may not prioritize.
    Last edited by OtterTailLakeBison; 12-21-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: Frisco Tailgating Information

Quote Originally Posted by OtterTailLakeBison View Post
    All - I contacted Hunter Youmans (hyoumans@fcdallas.net and phone 469.365.0196) from Toyota Stadium. He joined the Toyota Stadium team in May but has heard about Bison fans. Hunter indicated that Bison tailgating is focused in the Blue Lot on the East Side. Yes, he did admit that "it will be 80/20 or even 90/10 NDSU so anywhere is safe"

They are not allowing tailgating or parking on Friday because of liability and security cost, similar to last year. Hunter indicated the lots will open at 7 AM on Saturday, but I am confident his people will be there by 5 AM so likely we will be able to start moving in by 5:30 AM Saturday. Hunter indicated rigs need to be moved out by midnight on Saturday.

I asked if we could sell out a tailgating section, could we move in early? He said "yes", if we could do 12-6PM entry on Friday. Blue Lot has 550 spots and the North Side has some smaller lots. While I frankly would prefer to tailgate in Red Lot (west side), I am confident we could talk him into Friday and get West if we could commit to 500 plus spots. Spots are $20 each and thus $10K could buy him a lot of security and some margin/profit.

If you are interested in helping show Hunter the response from Bison nation, please email hyoumans@fcdallas.net and/or call 469.365.0196. I'll also be reaching out to the Alumni Association, in the event they could help liaison and bring Friday afternoon/evening tailgating alive. However I understand their focus is on Friday's night Plano Legacy event and may not prioritize.
    What is the Plano Legacy? I stayed in Plano last January and was hoping to secure a room there again.

They have designated the east side lots for NDSU tailgating in years past also. There was only one time where the Bison fans actually used the east lots, and that was the 2nd year in Frisco. I believe that we were supposed to use the east side lots last year, but all of the early arrivals Saturday morning went to the west lots. I arrived shortly after 5am, and the lots were open around 5:30. There will be no Eastern Washington fans there tailgating before the sun rises. I can almost guarantee that.

I am heading to the west lot at 5am Saturday. I think everyone else will also.

533 In a row

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So if we send this guy $30, it counts? I have no opportunity to tailgate, but if paying for a spot helps, then I am interested in donating. Maybe someone else could use the extra space?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

If he thinks we are going East, he is clearly new to his job. We own the West and will not give it up.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 12-22-2018 at 05:54 PM.

This new guys got some learning to do if he thinks Bison arent tailgating in the west lot.

So I was working on a plan, but Its gunna have to wait until next time now.

I was planning on going on a hog hunt Thursday into Friday (still doing that). I wanted to take the hog to the Tgate lot and smoke it (actually ill have 4 but that's a different issue). The Issue for the game hog is the time it takes to smoke the hog and access to the lot. I was able to get a smoker, wood lined up (I know a manufacturer) and the outfitter will let me use their facility to prep the pig. Again, it's about the set up limitations. I thought about just using the hotel lot as it sits adjacent to the Tgate lot, but then your stuck, it takes space etc.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    So I was working on a plan, but Its gunna have to wait until next time now.

I was planning on going on a hog hunt Thursday into Friday (still doing that). I wanted to take the hog to the Tgate lot and smoke it (actually ill have 4 but that's a different issue). The Issue for the game hog is the time it takes to smoke the hog and access to the lot. I was able to get a smoker, wood lined up (I know a manufacturer) and the outfitter will let me use their facility to prep the pig. Again, it's about the set up limitations. I thought about just using the hotel lot as it sits adjacent to the Tgate lot, but then your stuck, it takes space etc.

Any ideas?
    Flamethrower hog hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Flamethrower hog hunt?
    I am more of a slow and low guy, but not opposed to hot and fast lol.

The Friday night opening idea above would be perfect.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 12-22-2018 at 02:46 AM.

There were no designated lots last year, they knew better. Noone from NDSU is tailgating on the east side either. May as well just delete this thread.