Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon State Dual

Default Re: Oregon State Dual

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Yeah, im getting more and more interested in it, like I said I just wish I understood how it worked, scoring, ect..never was around it in my younger years. Hard to fully enjoy or appreciate it if you dont understand it IMO
    Like Hockey for me. Look into wrestling. I’m looking forward to going to some home matches soon.

I worked out with wrestlers when I was at NDSU. Tough, strong and solid people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Final score tonight was NDSU 31 OSU 13

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Final score tonight was NDSU 31 OSU 13
    Great dual! Like it!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Yeah, im getting more and more interested in it, like I said I just wish I understood how it worked, scoring, ect..never was around it in my younger years. Hard to fully enjoy or appreciate it if you dont understand it IMO
    Here is wthat I handed out to parents that might help you out

Individual Scoring
    The object of the sport of wrestling is to put your opponent on his back or to "pin" your opponent. A pin (or fall) is when
    you put your opponent on his/her back with any part of both shoulders or both shoulder blades of your opponent in contact
    with the mat for two seconds. When you pin your opponent, the match is over and you are the winner. If nobody gets
    pinned, the winner is the wrestler who has scored the most points during the match.
    There are five ways to score points in a wrestling match:
    1) Takedown - (2 points) You score two points for taking your opponent down to the mat and controlling him/her.
    2) Escape - (1 point) You score one point for getting away or getting to a neutral position when your opponent has
    you down on the mat.
    3) Reversal- (2 points) You score two points when your opponent has you down on the mat and you come from
    underneath and gain control of your opponent.
    4) Near Fall (Back Points) - (2 or 4 points) You get near fall points when you almost but not quite get your opponent
    pinned. A near fall (near pin) is when ... both shoulders are held for two seconds within four inches of the mat, Of... one
    shoulder touches the mat and the other shoulder is at a 45 degree angle coming down to the mat, or. .. the wrestler is
    held in a high bridge or back on both elbows.
    If a near fall lasts for two seconds, you get 2 points. If a near fall lasts for 5 seconds, you get 4 points.
    5) Penalty Points - (1 or 2 points) Your opponent is awarded points if you commit the following infractions.
    o Illegal Holds
     There are several holds that the referee will penalize you for without warning. (There are other
    holds call "potentially dangerous holds" which the referee might make you let go of but will not
    penalize you for).
    o Technical Violations
     Going off the mat to avoid wrestling ("fleeing the mat. ")
     Grabbing clothing, the mat, or the headgear
     Incorrect starting position or false start (You get two cautions before points are
    awarded).
     Locked or overlapped hands: If you are down on the mat in control of your opponent, you
    cannot lock or overlap your hands, fingers or arms around your opponent's body or both legs
    unless you have your opponent in a near pin, or your opponent stands up and has all his/her
    weight on two feet.
    Leaving the mat during the match without the referee's permission
    Figure 4 head scissors from the neutral position.
     Unnecessary roughness
     Unsportsmanlike conduct
     Flagrant Misconduct (ejection, the match is over)
     Stalling (you get one warning before you are penalized and points are awarded).
    The first and second time you are penalized, your opponent is awarded one point. The third time you are
    penalized, your opponent is awarded two points. The fourth time you are penalized, you are disqualified. (Except
    for illegal starting position or false start - you are cautioned twice, then one point awarded for each infraction, but
    you will not be disqualified).

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post

Individual Scoring
    The object of the sport of wrestling is to put your opponent on his back or to "pin" your opponent. A pin (or fall) is when
    you put your opponent on his/her back with any part of both shoulders or both shoulder blades of your opponent in contact
    with the mat for two seconds. When you pin your opponent, the match is over and you are the winner. If nobody gets
    pinned, the winner is the wrestler who has scored the most points during the match.
    1) Takedown - (2 points) You score two points for taking your opponent down to the mat and controlling him/her.
    2) Escape - (1 point) You score one point for getting away or getting to a neutral position when your opponent has
    you down on the mat.
    3) Reversal- (2 points) You score two points when your opponent has you down on the mat and you come from
    4) Near Fall (Back Points) - (2 or 4 points) You get near fall points when you almost but not quite get your opponent
    pinned. A near fall (near pin) is when ... both shoulders are held for two seconds within four inches of the mat, Of... one
    shoulder touches the mat and the other shoulder is at a 45 degree angle coming down to the mat, or. .. the wrestler is
    If a near fall lasts for two seconds, you get 2 points. If a near fall lasts for 5 seconds, you get 4 points.
    5) Penalty Points - (1 or 2 points) Your opponent is awarded points if you commit the following infractions.
    o Illegal Holds
     There are several holds that the referee will penalize you for without warning. (There are other
    holds call "potentially dangerous holds" which the referee might make you let go of but will not
    penalize you for).
    o Technical Violations
     Incorrect starting position or false start (You get two cautions before points are
    awarded).
     Locked or overlapped hands: If you are down on the mat in control of your opponent, you
    cannot lock or overlap your hands, fingers or arms around your opponent's body or both legs
    unless you have your opponent in a near pin, or your opponent stands up and has all his/her
    weight on two feet.
     Unnecessary roughness
     Stalling (you get one warning before you are penalized and points are awarded).
    The first and second time you are penalized, your opponent is awarded one point. The third time you are
    penalized, your opponent is awarded two points. The fourth time you are penalized, you are disqualified. (Except
    for illegal starting position or false start - you are cautioned twice, then one point awarded for each infraction, but
    Thank you.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    hows bucky maughn doin?
    I saw Bucky along with Leota and Bret after the SDSU game in September. Looked good and still not the guy you to upset. I believe he and Leota spend most of their time at their lake property.

Love that family!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Like Hockey for me. Look into wrestling. I’m looking forward to going to some home matches soon.

Wrestling will definitely help with building character and being able to deal with getting through difficult situations in life. It helped me get through a rough childhood and was the perfect sport for someone who is considered "stupid" strong and maybe, at best, having better than average athletic skills.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

CAS you ever make it to Hillsboro HS duals? Not quite as exciting as DI college wrestling overall but they always seem to have a couple good wrestlers that are fun to watch.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post

Individual Scoring
    you down on the mat.
    o Illegal Holds
    penalize you for).
    o Technical Violations
    awarded).
    weight on two feet.
     Unnecessary roughness
    Very good write-up. Question: Is it really two seconds for a pin?

Also, thought the bison fan on matside seat (looked like former wrestler, couldn't place his name) was gonna go at it with the OSU 125-pounder. That was fun to watch. haha
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter