Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oregon State Dual

Default Re: Oregon State Dual

How did Zalesky end up coaching at Oregon State?

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    The press releases showed Degen or Nein at 141. Anybody know why Sutton isn't going?
    I believe I saw him sitting at the scorers table last night. Rumor was his weight may have been an issue.

Bucky still attends most NDSU matches. He was at last night's dual and went down to talk with Zalesky after the match.

Overall, solid performance last night. Sucks that Fleetwood got pinned, but Bresser is damn good and it was a very close match until that point.

Really good win for Michael Otomo last night. I was curious to see if we would see him or an undersized Shearer at 184 for some duals. Speaking of Shearer, his brother Jordan was present last night. Unfortunately he was still sporting Nebraska gear.

For anyone who doesn't know enough about the scoring, but would like to give wrestling a shot, I'd just go to the match. You'll catch on quickly and most people that attend sporting events in the area are super friendly and you'll be around knowledgeable folks who will be glad to help explain.

Got to talk to Amar Dhesi last night and he said he'll hopefully be back for the Michigan dual right away in the second semester. For those that don't know, he is the highest returning AA at HWT and will probably be Canada's 125kg entrant at the Olympics in 2020. Big man that moves like a little man.

Really looking forward to the South Beach duals. Should be a great test to go up against Cornell, North Carolina, Indiana, and West Virginia. We should be favored against both Indiana and West Virginia, and have a chance vs the other two.

Home duals after Frisco:

Wed Jan 9 7pm - Iowa State
    Sat Jan 12 4pm - Pitt
    Sun Jan 27 2pm - Northern Colorado
    Fri Feb 1 7pm - Utah Valley
    Fri Feb 15 7pm - SDSU

533 In a row

NDSU rolls to 31-13 non-conference win over Oregon State

I see that InterMat has gone with a custom press release after our last couple of home matches, instead of the typical gobison.com version. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    How did Zalesky end up coaching at Oregon State?
    After winning three NCAA Titles as the Hawkeyes coach following Dan Gable's retirement, the program began to decline. He was pretty much blamed for not being able to win without Gable's recruits and with the emergence of Tom Brands being a Hawkeye fan favorite to return, Jim was sent packing. This happened about the same time Joe Wells retired as the Oregon State coach, so the opportunity for him to coach right away was set.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    After winning three NCAA Titles as the Hawkeyes coach following Dan Gable's retirement, the program began to decline. He was pretty much blamed for not being able to win without Gable's recruits and with the emergence of Tom Brands being a Hawkeye fan favorite to return, Jim was sent packing. This happened about the same time Joe Wells retired as the Oregon State coach, so the opportunity for him to coach right away was set.
    Yeah, that seems crazy to let a championship coach go like that. Never heard why. Iowa is the definition of high expectations I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Yeah, that seems crazy to let a championship coach go like that. Never heard why. Iowa is the definition of high expectations I suppose
    Wrestling Hawkeye fans are a different breed. When the Bison beat them in football in 2016, I had a coworker, who I consider a friend, avoided me for awhile.
    Hail the BISON!!!