Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

Default Re: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

The Noland You Tube videos are very impressive. He throws a really nice ball and looks very comfortable and poised in the pocket.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

McNeese state thought they got a good one with Daniel Sams tranfering from K-State and everything but the real story was Daniel Sams was cutting classes , faculties calling Coach Snyder and complaining, he was cheating on his wife/ girlfriend and you had bunch of girls calling the coaches everyday and complaining. They did not want to deal with that non-sense from a starting QB who is supposed to be a role-model/leader of their program so Coach Snyder did what he had to do. I am not saying Zeb is that kind of guy, but I wont buy into the hype untill I see the results on the field.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I suppose it's too much to ask for this...

Welcome to Bison Nation, Zeb!!!

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

In Hedberg we trust.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I wont buy into the hype untill I see the results on the field.

I fixed your post.

Lardsin must go!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    The Noland You Tube videos are very impressive. He throws a really nice ball and looks very comfortable and poised in the pocket.
    Mertens had a rocket launcher for an arm as well. Iowa State guy says Noland coul sling it around, just not on target. He is definitely not a Steve Bono in the pocket though, the kid can move around just fine.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Let me fill in a little background info. Zeb Noland got beat out mid-season by a true freshman who had an offer from Alabama! Iowa State's true freshman is purdy good! He beat out Zeb as well as a sixth year medical redshirt senior who beat Oklahoma in his first game!

Now, on to Zeb. He is a coach's son (high school in Georgia, I think). He has always been a guy who hung out with the coaches, trying to learn, and working on his game. From my perspective as a fan, he simply couldn't bring the running game that Brock Purdy brought. Zeb has a strong arm, but Brock was more accurate. And with his well-noted pump fakes on runs, Brock was better at keeping defenses on their heels. That versatility in the run game was something Zeb never seemed to bring.

Zeb has always seemed like a team player. He just wanted a shot and thought Matt Campbell would give it to him. He got it in Ames and left when the writing was on the wall. He probably left disappointed, but not bitter because he got his shot. And he contributed significantly last year when Iowa State broke out of its bottom-feeder status.

I expect him to be the same guy in Fargo. He will work hard and hope to have a shot to play if he earns it. I think you are going to be glad to have him in Fargo. He will be a net gain for your program, even if he doesn't start.

One more thought on Zeb Noland. One of the other QBs of Iowa State with which Zeb was competing was Re-al Mitchell, the Bellflower (CA) Don Bosco HS QB who a year ago started ahead of DJ Uiagalelei who was on the cover of the USA Today Sports page yesterday as the best offensive HS player in the country this year.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    This is Zeb. I think one of his problems at Iowa State was the lack of good line protection early in the season. With your line, he will be more effective.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Mertens had a rocket launcher for an arm as well. Iowa State guy says Noland coul sling it around, just not on target. He is definitely not a Steve Bono in the pocket though, the kid can move around just fine.
    Mertens had a cannon but he just had a knack for making mistakes at the worst times.
    The fella that watches the CFL

The coaches recruited Noland in. The coaches wanted him here for various reasons. The coaches decisions have helped win 6 natty's. Good enough for me. Welcome to Bison Nation.