Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

Default Re: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

God forbid, If lance goes down with some horrific injury tomorrow at practice, The safe money is still on the Bison to win the championship. My perception is that our overall offensive efficiency is basically identical with Zeb as it is with Lance.

Lance is nuts. Zeb would be starting at virtually every damn FCS team in the nation TOMORROW if he transferred.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    God forbid, If lance goes down with some horrific injury tomorrow at practice, The safe money is still on the Bison to win the championship. My perception is that our overall offensive efficiency is basically identical with Zeb as it is with Lance.

Lance is nuts. Zeb would be starting at virtually every damn FCS team in the nation TOMORROW if he transferred.
    Meh... pump the brakes a little bit. Zeb is a very good backup QB for this level no doubt but we don't have nearly enough of a sample size to say he would be starter at almost any other FCS team. I'm still not convinced that Entz and Roehl weren't feeding us a line all throughout spring and fall ball that there was actually a competition for starting QB. I think it's just as likely if not moreso that Zeb was brought in to be an insurance policy in case of injury or slow progression from Lance and as someone to push Lance to get better over the offseason... I'd say it's worked out pretty well regardless.

I'm super impressed with the teammate Zeb has been to this point... hasn't sulked... hasn't transferred... he's engaged in the game and is constantly talking with Trey when he's on the sidelines. I wouldn't blame him for looking to transfer elsewhere next spring being that he's only got one year left to play and he's got virtually no shot to supplant Lance at this point but he's done all you can ask for in his first 9 months at NDSU.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Meh... pump the brakes a little bit. Zeb is a very good backup QB for this level no doubt but we don't have nearly enough of a sample size to say he would be starter at almost any other FCS team. I'm still not convinced that Entz and Roehl weren't feeding us a line all throughout spring and fall ball that there was actually a competition for starting QB. I think it's just as likely if not moreso that Zeb was brought in to be an insurance policy in case of injury or slow progression from Lance and as someone to push Lance to get better over the offseason... I'd say it's worked out pretty well regardless.

I'm super impressed with the teammate Zeb has been to this point... hasn't sulked... hasn't transferred... he's engaged in the game and is constantly talking with Trey when he's on the sidelines. I wouldn't blame him for looking to transfer elsewhere next spring being that he's only got one year left to play and he's got virtually no shot to supplant Lance at this point but he's done all you can ask for in his first 9 months at NDSU.
    agreed. I think Zeb would be a terrific QB but I wouldn’t be expecting the Peyton.

Also recall that SDSU wanted this guy BAD. And here turns out they really needed him, so effectively our recruiting has had a direct impact on this year since you could say the Jacks are one of maybe 3 teams that can give us a push. Now I’m not so sure SDSU is any kind of threat, and that leaves us with Weber and JMU

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    agreed. I think Zeb would be a terrific QB but I wouldn’t be expecting the Peyton.

Also recall that SDSU wanted this guy BAD. And here turns out they really needed him, so effectively our recruiting has had a direct impact on this year since you could say the Jacks are one of maybe 3 teams that can give us a push. Now I’m not so sure SDSU is any kind of threat, and that leaves us with Weber and JMU
    For this reason alone, Zeb was a win.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i just want to see him play. i mean cmon coaches. Halftime of both games coming up. that's not too much to ask
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Im really glad we have Zeb.
    Just think if we didnt have him there was a pretty good chance we would have been playing against him at SDSU.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i just want to see him play. i mean cmon coaches. Halftime of both games coming up. that's not too much to ask
    You do realize how big of a blanket statement this is with no idea of what will happen on Saturday? What if these games turn into a Missouri State game? I agree with what you are asking for, but that can't be decided until you fully get into the game. I'd love to see Trey sit the 2nd half as that means we're up 6 TD's at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    You do realize how big of a blanket statement this is with no idea of what will happen on Saturday? What if these games turn into a Missouri State game? I agree with what you are asking for, but that can't be decided until you fully get into the game. I'd love to see Trey sit the 2nd half as that means we're up 6 TD's at halftime.
    if we are up 3 scores at halftime, still play ZEB , like we are gonna freakin lose.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I get what you are saying- but lets think about this for a second. SDSU wanted him over Gibbs. WITH Gibbs, SDSU is a legit Frisco contender. Without him, they are a top 5-6 contender.

With Zeb, they would probably be the unanimous #2, and would have likely won the game against us in Brookings.

Throw the green jersey on him, we're very likely still #1. That's all I'm saying. Not saying anything about the Payton or anything, but I think he is better than Gibbs, which means if he was on SDSU, they would be in a BETTER position, and if he was our starter i think we'b virtuallly be in the same spot heading into the post season; home field advantage extremely likely, and a vegas lock to get to Frisco.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I get what you are saying- but lets think about this for a second. SDSU wanted him over Gibbs. WITH Gibbs, SDSU is a legit Frisco contender. Without him, they are a top 5-6 contender.

With Zeb, they would probably be the unanimous #2, and would have likely won the game against us in Brookings.

Throw the green jersey on him, we're very likely still #1. That's all I'm saying. Not saying anything about the Payton or anything, but I think he is better than Gibbs, which means if he was on SDSU, they would be in a BETTER position, and if he was our starter i think we'b virtuallly be in the same spot heading into the post season; home field advantage extremely likely, and a vegas lock to get to Frisco.
    I don't think we can infer SDSU wanted him over Gibbs any more than we can that NDSU wanted him over Trey Lance. I haven't seen enough of Zeb to say they'd be 9-0 with him under center as well. Trey Lance has played exceptionally well and he's gotten the ball rolling in a few games that turned into blowouts that may have turned out a lot differently if they didn't start so well.

I'm very happy that Zeb is here though... the backup QB situation seems to be about as comfortable as it has been since 2013 (not counting 2015 since none of us really had any idea what to expect out of Stick before he stepped in).