Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Is this saying that the staff is not confident in either Hotchkiss or Sanders? I had higher hopes for both of them vs Trey Lance. I dislike the QB run game because it could easily put an end to your season. Not every kid is as durable as Easton. It would suck if they transfer.
    I think it says more to we take a QB every year, and this was our way to fill that need. Add competition to the QB room. Would of we liked to land Lewis and develop him? Absolutely, but now were adding an experienced player that will compete with Lance, Hotchkiss, and Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I think it says more to we take a QB every year, and this was our way to fill that need. Add competition to the QB room. Would of we liked to land Lewis and develop him? Absolutely, but now were adding an experienced player that will compete with Lance, Hotchkiss, and Sanders.
    This is actually a pretty good way to give some space at QB. You're not going to get a superstar QB with a potential 4 year starter in front of him.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Not a fan of Transfer QBs. All around our leagues programs started bringing in Transfer QBs, Redbirds, UNI, JMU ...never worked. Only USD got lucky.
    . Good point. Klieman preached of development school! Red Flag! Looks like there not that high on current crop!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this saying that the staff is not confident in either Hotchkiss or Sanders? I had higher hopes for both of them vs Trey Lance. I dislike the QB run game because it could easily put an end to your season. Not every kid is as durable as Easton. It would suck if they transfer.
    Not necessarily....they could be just adding depth and competition to the QB room. I imagine there's a bit of a hole there since Henry Van Dellen left the team....wouldn't he be about the same class as Nolan? By class I mean elgibility wise...
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

We have been (knock on wood) incredibly lucky with Stick and injuries. Reminder, Brock went down multiple times his freshman year. We need depth and I am sure this is what this is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Not necessarily....they could be just adding depth and competition to the QB room. I imagine there's a bit of a hole there since Henry Van Dellen left the team....wouldn't he be about the same class as Nolan? By class I mean elgibility wise...
    . Good chance the current kids transfer out. They were told they would learn from a Stick and then go out and get a D1 transfer

I tend to agree on the QB run game. It can be devastatingly effective like we saw Friday night but you look at how it kind of hamstrung our offense when we were reluctant to run Stick the last couple years. I was hoping Hotchkiss would be given a good chance to play some because he appeared to have decent arm talent but maybe the mental side has been tougher to pick up for both he and Sanders. Wouldn't be shocked if one of those guys doesn't transfer or move to a new position.

How many FCS schools have two 3 star QB's? Trey and Zeb. Hotchkiss was a boderline 3 star too. Only Sanders was unrated.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

During Entz's introduction presser he mentioned utilizing the passing game "more efficiently". More of a "pro style" QB in Noland...perhaps they want a guy in here who can spin it.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    During Entz's introduction presser he mentioned utilizing the passing game "more efficiently". More of a "pro style" QB in Noland...perhaps they want a guy in here who can spin it.
    Are we going to a more WCO from the power-spread that we have going on? We have seriously toned down the WCO Brock throws. 22 personal and wheel routes, and spread looks mixed in.