Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

Default Re: 2019 Commit: Zeb Noland (QB transfer from Iowa St)

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Cool we got a new Cole Davis just in case. Enjoy the ride bud. Should be a better experience then Iowa State
    Exactly

Everyone should relax.

And you know what, if he comes in and kills it, then great.

Bottom line: We have Zeb and SDSU doesn't.

533 In a row

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not going to find a much better runner than Easton at QB. He’s a running back that can throw. We kind of are getting spoiled there. Kind of like when Carson was gone there were complaints how Easton can’t throw. It’s turned out alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's nice to have a QB that can run but it's more important to have a QB that can throw. One that can do both is the bee's knees and that's what the Bison have had the last 8 years.
    Mobile QB's are great. Running backs that can throw are not. How many times do you hit on Easton Stick at the FCS level? We need a QB that can make 5-10 yard scrambles, not a RB. The Bison have been lucky with injuries but it will not always happen. More than that we are hiding flaws in our offense with a running QB. The WRs don't have a standout for next year. We need to fix this. The point I am making is using your QB as a RB makes it a single point of failure. I am not saying a running QB is bad. It makes it hard to defend, but it is trump card that you can't use a lot.
    Last edited by CentennialBison; 12-20-2018 at 12:32 PM.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Not going to find a much better runner than Easton at QB. He’s a running back that can throw. We kind of are getting spoiled there. Kind of like when Carson was gone there were complaints how Easton can’t throw. It’s turned out alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, people are gonna have high expectations with mobility. People need to be reminded that Easton is a special player when it comes to running. I have honestly not seen a QB run better than him in person.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    What kind of name is Zeb anyway?

I thinks it’s Dutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeb_(name)

Zeb (variant spelling Zebb) is both a masculine given name and a surname. As a given name, it may be a short form of Zebulon, Zebadiah or Zebedee, but is now more common as a given name in its own right. In fact, it can also be an alternate spelling of the Hebrew word ze'ev (זְאֵב), meaning "wolf".

Umm, I may be wrong, but don't we (Bisonville) already have a connection to a certain "wolf" shirt? Furthermore, doesn't said wolf shirt hold special powers empowering our beloved Bison to championship domination?

I can only surmise that a qb whose name translates to "wolf" is a cosmic sign and the Bison will continue win championships!!

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Mobile QB's are great. Running backs that can throw are not. How many times do you hit on Easton Stick at the FCS level? We need a QB that can make 5-10 yard scrambles, not a RB. The Bison have been lucky with injuries but it will not always happen. More than that we are hiding flaws in our offense with a running QB. The WRs don't have a standout for next year. We need to fix this. The point I am making is using your QB as a RB makes it a single point of failure. I am not saying a running QB is bad. It makes it hard to defend, but it is trump card that you can't use a lot.
    Every offense in the history of football has some sort of flaw and I would bet the vast majority if not every coach/fan in the country would accept NDSU's offensive flaws this season.

14-0

Soon to be 15-0

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Its important to have scrambling abilities. In the prior 4 games to SDSU, Stick only ran it 14 times. But hes a weapon when the running game isnt working. You can win without a running QB but it's easier to win with one. What I dont like is a running back who happens to pass.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Sour grapes on the bunny board. He's not that good, he's a quitter. Of course he'd be Tom Brady 2.0 if he was in Brookings.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯