Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Signing Day 2018

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Early Signing Day 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Transfer QB from Iowa State? Did I miss somethign?
    Yeah, what's everyone think about this? Hard to learn this system quick and only two years eligibility. Plus we have to drop our holier than thou attitude about transfers.. I prefer the view from my moral high ground thank you very much

Entz says they're done and have all the NLIs they expected: https://twitter.com/Coach_Entz/statu...07932706250753

Only guys left to make if official on the @NDSUFootball twitter are these I believe:

Hunter Brozio, 6-0, 220, LB, Lakeland (Victory Christian Academy), FL
    Dylan Hendricks, 6-3, 205, ATH, Pulaski, WI

Both may be PWOs though so not sure if we should expect any announcements on them.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Holy smokes! Well there's the QB...

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...06524955144192
    Was not expecting nor did I ever hear of something like this going down.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Yeah, what's everyone think about this? Hard to learn this system quick and only two years eligibility. Plus we have to drop our holier than thou attitude about transfers.. I prefer the view from my moral high ground thank you very much
    I think our philosophy of not relying on transfers is great. There are some places that just take as many transfers as they can. We still do it better.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like Jaren Lewis didn't sign?

Zeb Noland Iowa State transfer
    Here is his Iowa State bio from high school:

High School

Chose Iowa State over Colorado State, Appalachian State and Toledo … three-star recruit by 247Sports, ESPN and Scout … ranked as the 38th-best QB nationally by ESPN and No. 45 by Scout … two-time all-region pick … 2015 Region 8-3A Player of the Year … as a senior, passed for 1,627 yards and 17 touchdowns … completed 79-of-169 passes … led team to a 9-3 record and the Region 8-AAA championship, its first region title since 2004 … named player of the week after scoring four TDs (two passing, two rushing) in a 36-35 double overtime win over Jefferson … as a junior, completed 107-of-193 passes for 1,966 yards and 14 touchdowns … also rushed for six TDs … started at Stephens County as a sophomore … coached by his father, Travis Noland.

Personal
    Born August 16, 1997 … son of Travis and Julie Noland … communication studies major ... father played quarterback at Appalachian State.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Sounds like Jaren Lewis didn't sign?
    KSTATE... thanks Klieman...

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Without the qb, still consider a slam dunk. I like defense. Being too good on o makes em sloppy. ��

I think he'll be a great add from a depth standpoint to add an older guy as a backup. If he pushes Lance in a competition that's great but even if Lance beats him out (which I think we all would expect) you'd think this guy is done transferring since he'd only have one year of eligibility left after this upcoming year. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hotchkiss or Sanders leave after spring ball if the writing is on the wall that Lance is the future QB. So it's a nice little insurance policy IMO.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Won't he have 3 years? I see he was a 2018 commit to Iowa State. Won't have to sit out a year beings that he is dropping down a division.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS