Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 12/17: At Montana 8:05 PM

Default Re: 12/17: At Montana 8:05 PM

It's like DR learned nothing while coaching under Miles & Saul

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by westnodak93bison; 12-19-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post

During postgame last night, Dave said, these games don't count. Conference play is what matters. Well he is somewhat correct as to we are only getting into the dance if we win the conference tourney. But you also have to be heading in the right direction and improving. I had high hopes after what I saw in the UC-SB game early in the year. Since then, nothing has impressed me.
    My god that really grinds my gears. Basically, he is saying we should strive to be mediocre at best with this program. Wow, that really gets me excited for the future of men’s basketball at NDSU
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    During postgame last night, Dave said, these games don't count. Conference play is what matters. Well he is somewhat correct as to we are only getting into the dance if we win the conference tourney. But you also have to be heading in the right direction and improving. I had high hopes after what I saw in the UC-SB game early in the year. Since then, nothing has impressed me.
    Sounds like someone grasping for straws and trying to catch lightning in a bottle during the conference tourney. Doesn't sound like a confident coach that is trying to grow a program and compete day in day out to rise to the level of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    My god that really grinds my gears. Basically, he is saying we should strive to be mediocre at best with this program. Wow, that really gets me excited for the future of men’s basketball at NDSU
    Agreed. It’s Irv Iniger-like. Split at home and lose on the road, and we do seem to play way worse on the road with Richman. Compare that to the football pedigree on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Me too, can't believe he said that. I guess his goal is getting that 16 seed and playing a MEAC school in the first four. He's practically got these guys mentally conditioned to think it's no big deal to lose the game before they even step on the court if that is the attitude he's bringing. Imagine him being the HC back in 2013. Hey LA, Trayvonn, Marshall and Taylor, no biggie if you lay down tonight against Notre Dame, non-con doesn't matter to me. No problem if you mail it in against Ohio State, they're number 2 and all that, I don't expect much other than a 40 point loss. That 40 point loss to Gonzaga still burns my ass, when did NDSU become a SWAC level non-conference opponent for teams? I mean just skimming the box scores and results on gobison from the past ten years is eye opening in the non-conference competitiveness. The thing is, when he talks of culture, he isn't wrong, it did exist with the Marshall/LA, Woody/Winks teams. Like someone mentioned in the other thread even the 2009-2011 era with lower talent level the team was competitive and gritty. Bison Basketball used to have a culture, but it's been MIA since he took over it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Me too, can't believe he said that. I guess his goal is getting that 16 seed and playing a MEAC school in the first four. He's practically got these guys mentally conditioned to think it's no big deal to lose the game before they even step on the court if that is the attitude he's bringing. Imagine him being the HC back in 2013. Hey LA, Trayvonn, Marshall and Taylor, no biggie if you lay down tonight against Notre Dame, non-con doesn't matter to me. No problem if you mail it in against Ohio State, they're number 2 and all that, I don't expect much other than a 40 point loss. That 40 point loss to Gonzaga still burns my ass, when did NDSU become a SWAC level non-conference opponent for teams? I mean just skimming the box scores and results on gobison from the past ten years is eye opening in the non-conference competitiveness. The thing is, when he talks of culture, he isn't wrong, it did exist with the Marshall/LA, Woody/Winks teams. Like someone mentioned in the other thread even the 2009-2011 era with lower talent level the team was competitive and gritty. Bison Basketball used to have a culture, but it's been MIA since he took over it seems to me.
    Solid post. Was fun back then. Heck, even I was all in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    It's like DR learned nothing while coaching under Miles & Saul

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    By this point, we had sucked the previous 3 seasons after winning the conference in year 1 with Saul and Dave. We lost to the Dragons to start the 5th season under Saul. Looks like Dave learned plenty. Haha!

My issue with Dave is that the says he really likes how Deng and Tyson finished the game last night...He can see it but for whatever reason he can put it together and actually start the game with them on the court.

The 24 minutes he gave Quayle is just beyond words to me, I am sure he is a nice kid and all but he played poorly last night. I'm on the verge of a massive SDbison esque rant right now with how Dave is running this team.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

heckler is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like a winning culture... What is his buy out? I'll create a go fund me page.