Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Pit BBQ in Dallas

Default Re: Pit BBQ in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Well it was in KC, but on the way to Dallas......hit Arthur Bryant's Barbeque. It was fantastic.
    Same for Central BBQ in Memphis for a half slab. Perfecto!

Rudy's brisket hit the MF'n SPOT post game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We went to Hutchins. Have never cut a piece of brisket with a plastic fork before. Heaven
    The okra was perfect and the peach cobbler, wonderful.
    The wind must have shifted because the place soon filled with smoke. I had to wrap my clothes in the plastic dry clean bag because it smelled like a bbq.
    Hutchins was great as well. Their jalepeno beans were great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

We went to the Hard Eight and got stuffed!

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Did you enjoy the atmosphere? Definitely more unique than the others. I’m amazed that older guy who stands at the entrance to “the pit” to give a brief history of the joint doesn’t have lung problems from all the smoke inhalation.

Went to Hutchins, Hard Eight and Pecan Lodge during the trip. All were good. Hutchins had best brisket and the burnt ends at Pecan we’re amazing. Hard eight brisket was average but their ribs were awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Went around block once after locating the actual restaurant location and found credit card surface pay lot within 1 block of Pecan Lodge. Was way easier than I anticipated. Maybe got lucky. Street parking all around but was pretty parked up. Definitely worth it for sure. Hit craft beer place 1/2 block from Pedan Lodge.

Wonder if Pecan Lodge would make a full brisket and Uber Eats it to Toyota Stadium about 2 pm Saturday for postgame tailgate?
    That was sweet. 2.00 for the whole day.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Did you enjoy the atmosphere? Definitely more unique than the others. I’m amazed that older guy who stands at the entrance to “the pit” to give a brief history of the joint doesn’t have lung problems from all the smoke inhalation.
    We thought that dear Stan and the cooking crew would get black lung from working at Hard Eight. The jalapeno sausage was very good, and it got more tasty as it aged in our hotel fridge. We ate the leftovers before going to tailgating.

Frisco BBQ and brews put five pounds on my frame between noon Thursday and late afternoon Sunday. I wonder if Kramer would approve.

Got back and made a wager with my son on the FBS chipper. I took Clemson to cover. As a result I now have one of these on the way from Austin: https://saltlickbbq.com/products/the...s-and-sausage/

I was well on my way to reducing those extra five but now it looks like there may be some delay...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Said NO girlfriend of mine.......evarrrrr.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hit up Fat Cow BBQ in Lewisville. Tasted pretty good!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1