Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Pit BBQ in Dallas

Default Re: Pit BBQ in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Just ate this place in Frisco location and it was...okay. I got the El Jefe, a sandwich sampler with most of all their meats on it. The boss got a loaded brisket baked potato. The brisket is definitely not as good as Hutchins or Pecan lodge. I liked the ribs but they were not outstanding by any means. The baked beans side dish was pretty solid. The Mac n cheese was slightly better than boxed grocery store versions. The banana pudding was excellent, although not free like Hutchins.

I can’t see myself going back when Hutchins is just up the road. I also can’t see how this got #2 on that Yelp list as it’s very average bbq for the area.
    Hutchins is pretty solid. Not only that there is a Rudy’s right by the stadium too isn’t there?

Need Salt Lick to open up in Frisco.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hutchins is pretty solid. Not only that there is a Rudy’s right by the stadium too isn’t there?

Need Salt Lick to open up in Frisco.
    Yes there is.......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yes there is.......
    Fond memories of The Trough down in Deep Elum my friend. Those collard greens were damn good too. Also have sweet dreams about the Texas Twinkies over at Hutchins. I’m gonna try to do my own version here before summer is out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fond memories of The Trough down in Deep Elum my friend. Those collard greens were damn good too. Also have sweet dreams about the Texas Twinkies over at Hutchins. I’m gonna try to do my own version here before summer is out.

That beef rib at the lodge was awesome. Texas Twinkies--oh man. I need to try that myself.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That beef rib at the lodge was awesome. Texas Twinkies--oh man. I need to try that myself.
    I’ve discovered a couple bbq places in the DC area..got a beef rib about a month ago, but the one we had at pecan lodge was better.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    I’ve discovered a couple bbq places in the DC area..got a beef rib about a month ago, but the one we had at pecan lodge was better.

Consolation is the veritable cornucopia of cuisine available to you in DC however right?

Consolation is the veritable cornucopia of cuisine available to you in DC however right?
    Yes, surprisingly enough, a very popular group of restaurants in the DC area is owned by the North Dakota Farmers Union. They operate Founding Farmers, Farmers Fishers Bakers, and Farmers & Distillers in multiple locations here.

Of course there is a plethora of choices here.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    Yes, surprisingly enough, a very popular group of restaurants in the DC area is owned by the North Dakota Farmers Union. They operate Founding Farmers, Farmers Fishers Bakers, and Farmers & Distillers in multiple locations here.

Of course there is a plethora of choices here.

Yeah but do they serve hot dish?