Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pit BBQ in Dallas

Default Pit BBQ in Dallas

Given how many NDSU fans have traveled to the Dallas area you should be a good source of recommendations of good pit BBQ's in the Dallas area.
    Any recommendations?

Default Re: Pit BBQ in Dallas

Enjoyed the pecan lodge last year.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Given how many NDSU fans have traveled to the Dallas area you should be a good source of recommendations of good pit BBQ's in the Dallas area.
    Any recommendations?
    Agree with Pecan Lodge, Hutchins is also great.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Any recommendations?
    I moved to Frisco this summer and agree with the above. Many of the locals also really enjoy Hard Eight BBQ, and it's infinitely easier to drive to than than Pecan Lodge. Hard Eight is an open pit style, open air dining restaurant, where you walk through and tell them to cut off whatever you want in whatever quantity you want. It's nice to be able to sample the different meat options without committing to a large quantity. However, Hutchins has scoop your own sides and free unlimited scoop your own deserts (often banana pudding and peach cobbler), and the brisket may be slightly better at Hutchins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    I moved to Frisco this summer and agree with the above. Many of the locals also really enjoy Hard Eight BBQ, and it's infinitely easier to drive to than than Pecan Lodge. Hard Eight is an open pit style, open air dining restaurant, where you walk through and tell them to cut off whatever you want in whatever quantity you want. It's nice to be able to sample the different meat options without committing to a large quantity. However, Hutchins has scoop your own sides and free unlimited scoop your own deserts (often banana pudding and peach cobbler), and the brisket may be slightly better at Hutchins as well.
    Yeah. I don't have to go to the airport this year so I'm not getting anywhere south of the LBJ. That's a better suggestion.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My favorite is Babb Brothers BBQ & Blues.

http://babbbrothers.com/
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah. I don't have to go to the airport this year so I'm not getting anywhere south of the LBJ. That's a better suggestion.
    You're braver than I am. I try to avoid crossing south of the Bush Turnpike if possible. Following 121 northeast from DFW airport to Frisco is actually a pretty smooth and painless commute and still avoids most of the heavy traffic areas. I avoid Love Field because it's too close to the the city center.

Pecan Lodge is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    You're braver than I am. I try to avoid crossing south of the Bush Turnpike if possible. Following 121 northeast from DFW airport to Frisco is actually a pretty smooth and painless commute and still avoids most of the heavy traffic areas. I avoid Love Field because it's too close to the the city center.
    We always know some guy who waited too long to get his hotel room and ends up in Richardson. Full disclosure, one year that was me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Three stacks in Frisco was great when we went there a couple years ago.