Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Pit BBQ in Dallas

Default Re: Pit BBQ in Dallas

File this away for next year I guess but a BBQ place owned by former Minnesota Twins great Torii Hunter in Celina, TX (just a few miles north of Frisco) was named the #2 restaurant in America according to yelp: https://www.yelpblog.com/2019/01/yel...n-the-u-s-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    File this away for next year I guess but a BBQ place owned by former Minnesota Twins great Torii Hunter in Celina, TX (just a few miles north of Frisco) was named the #2 restaurant in America according to yelp: https://www.yelpblog.com/2019/01/yel...n-the-u-s-2019
    Very cool. Going to check the place out in the next couple weeks.

Ran into a guy that said we should go to Tenders for bbq. Did not make it up there but on the list for next year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Well it was in KC, but on the way to Dallas......hit Arthur Bryant's Barbeque. It was fantastic.
    Agreed! Woodyard is good as well, along with Gates in the KC area.

Damn it, now I want BBQ.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Agreed! Woodyard is good as well, along with Gates in the KC area.

Damn it, now I want BBQ.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    One more suggestion if you're ever in the KC area. BB's Lawnside. It's off of 85th and Troost. Not the best place to be at night but good stuff during daylight hours.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just left hard 8. Be jealous

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Just left hard 8. Be jealous

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Leaving for TX next week for a month.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like they opened up a 2nd location in Frisco. Even more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Looks like they opened up a 2nd location in Frisco. Even more convenient.
    Just ate this place in Frisco location and it was...okay. I got the El Jefe, a sandwich sampler with most of all their meats on it. The boss got a loaded brisket baked potato. The brisket is definitely not as good as Hutchins or Pecan lodge. I liked the ribs but they were not outstanding by any means. The baked beans side dish was pretty solid. The Mac n cheese was slightly better than boxed grocery store versions. The banana pudding was excellent, although not free like Hutchins.

I can’t see myself going back when Hutchins is just up the road. I also can’t see how this got #2 on that Yelp list as it’s very average bbq for the area.