Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 12/17 press conference

Default Re: 12/17 press confernce

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    No, later he said as of now, the only open position is Defensive Coordinator. Obviously that is a blanket general statement until something changes
    I think Bot is right. I also got excited, but bet that was a canned answer as they knew it would be asked.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

i suppose it is a fine line given they are already NDSU staff. To bad we have to wait on KSU...

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Easton Sticks will be replaced with the Trey Lances!
    I believe he was just giving examples and maybe just said names that came to mind. Much as I think Lance will be very good we have yet to see him pass much. Hotchkiss and others will compete for starter, and 2 and 3 on depth chart. Competition is good and always great to have very good backups.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. Roehl obviously has a good understanding of the running game and Mess will probably be a future K State offensive coordinator.
    Agreed. May not be this year, or even next, depending on some combination of current K-State OC contract and performance next year. If a day comes when Klieman needs an OC, I think Mess is at the top of the list based on hist performance at NDSU.

Hedberg has been incredible as a dedicated QB coach and needs to stay as only that. The amount of focus and attention to detail he provides is important when you think of how advanced Stick and Wentz have been at the end of their careers, how much liberty they are given with audibles, how much a talented QB can do with our offense, and how well prepared Wentz was for the draft process when it comes to pre-snap reads (Stick will probably be getting similar accolades come April). Has to help recruiting the position as well.

Did anyone ask ML who else was interviewed for the position. Or is that not public info. Just curious?

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Did anyone ask ML who else was interviewed for the position. Or is that not public info. Just curious?
    that was not asked...

They cancelled the other interviews with Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney when it was clear Matt was the guy.

Interesting that Entz said his number one priority is new recruits. Getting ready for playoff game was number 2. Likely just based on the early signing period coming up so soon. I believe he said number i3 s getting to know all players in his new position. All 3 of these items are top priorities.

Probably won't be made public, unless the candidate that interviewed makes it public on their own.

Interesting that Entz said his number one priority is new recruits. Getting ready for payoff game was number 2. Likely just based on the early signing period coming up so soon. I believe he said number i3 s getting to know all players in his new position. All 3 of these items are top priorities.
    Priorities seem straight to me.

#1 Lock down new recruits
    #2 Prepare for Championship
    #2a Hire staff for next year
    #3 Win Championship
    #4 Celebrate
    #5 Prepare for next year as head coach