Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 12/17 press conference

Default Re: 12/17 press confernce

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    ok he just said only opening was his spot...
    Yeah that doesn't seem right - considering Hank Jacobs left. That said, he's the HC so I think he would know.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is HUGE if it stands.

Thought I heard that too? What about other position coaches? OLine Dbacks???

AHHHHHHH Follow up questions. Do Your Job Reporters!!!!!!!

As far as he knows....

I'm sure there will be a few spots to fill. Recruiting coordinator and head of football operations for one.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Assistants are standing in the back of the room.

Sounds like confirmation that Roehl, Messingham, Goeser and Hedberg are staying?
    No, later he said as of now, the only open position is Defensive Coordinator. Obviously that is a blanket general statement until something changes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I found it odd as well knowing the hank was gone...

He said the only one he was currently aware of was his spot....probably haven't been finalized who's for sure leaving yet.

Any chance they add run game coordinator to Roehl's job? IIRC, Riley had that title along with OL coach. Might prep him a bit for a future spot as OC if Mess leaves...and let the new OL coach focus on his position players.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    He said the only one he was currently aware of was his spot....probably haven't been finalized who's for sure leaving yet.

Any chance they add run game coordinator to Roehl's job? IIRC, Riley had that title along with OL coach. Might prep him a bit for a future spot as OC if Mess leaves...and let the new OL coach focus on his position players.
    That sounds like a good idea. Roehl obviously has a good understanding of the running game and Mess will probably be a future K State offensive coordinator.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

From my perspective they're kind of dodging the staff turnover questions. I don't think we can read too much into his comments yet but the fact that those key guys like Mess, Hedberg, Roehl, and Goeser were at the press conference can't be a bad thing.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Matt's not as polished as Klieman, and I fear we are all reading too much into some things he may have said or not said.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.