Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 12/15 Missouri State

Default Re: 12/15 Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Vinnie played like a stud last night.... need more players with his fire and attitude out there especially when it gets to crunch time. On the flip side they need to do something to loosen up Eady. He is so tentative offensively. A couple times he had the ball right under the bucket in a spot to do some damage but just kicked it out to a partially guarded 3 point shooter. Maybe it's because he's playing a little out of position as an undersized #4 but he's turning into an offensive liability out there.
    First:
    Eady scored 8 points last night and was 3-3 from the field and had 4 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 assist and did a great job covering a bigger defender. He has a tough assignment. He played well in my opinion. Lots of things not recorded in a box score. I agree Eady could loosen up a bit but that comes with BEING A REDSHIRT freshmen! It takes time. If he was out there playing out of control then the argument is for him to calm down.

Second:
    I expect great things from Vinny. He had a big game and a couple of big games previously. He is also a junior with college experience under his belt. Comparing Vinny to the younger guys on the team w/ very little experience is unfair. But he also had 4 TO to 1 assist last night as well as a PG.

Everyone on this team is going to have great, good, average and bad nights but just looking at scoring is one variable. To me inconsistency seems to be an issue.

Good win for this team last night. 3-0 at home. Go figure (the non conference schedule was brutal because they were on the road). Say what you want, it's tough for a young and inexperienced team to win games on the road especially against good caliber SENIOR led teams.

Keep fighting young men...stay positive, stay together and grow each day...

Default Re: 12/15 Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonnation06 View Post
    First:
    Eady scored 8 points last night and was 3-3 from the field and had 4 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 assist and did a great job covering a bigger defender. He has a tough assignment. He played well in my opinion. Lots of things not recorded in a box score. I agree Eady could loosen up a bit but that comes with BEING A REDSHIRT freshmen! It takes time. If he was out there playing out of control then the argument is for him to calm down.

Second:
    I expect great things from Vinny. He had a big game and a couple of big games previously. He is also a junior with college experience under his belt. Comparing Vinny to the younger guys on the team w/ very little experience is unfair. But he also had 4 TO to 1 assist last night as well as a PG.

Everyone on this team is going to have great, good, average and bad nights but just looking at scoring is one variable. To me inconsistency seems to be an issue.

Good win for this team last night. 3-0 at home. Go figure (the non conference schedule was brutal because they were on the road). Say what you want, it's tough for a young and inexperienced team to win games on the road especially against good caliber SENIOR led teams.

Keep fighting young men...stay positive, stay together and grow each day...
    Eady is a scrappy defender. Maybe in a Kory Brown type role. Offensive game still needs some work but will grow

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com