Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs E. Washington - in Frisco

Default Re: NDSU vs E. Washington - in Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    SDbison is going to be crushed by this news.
    So sad. Soccer sucks! Isn't this a football thread about NDSU in the FCS National Championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats where they are setting up the NCAA Experience according to the NCAA peeps.

Small reminder for the Experience ticket holders---drinks are free BEFORE kickoff. After kick off its a cash bar.
    Two hours before kickoff free booze and food.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Did anyone else pick up on this little bit of info under the NDSU running back story.

Eagles nose guard Jay-Tee Tiuli, the Big Sky Conference Defensive Player of the Year, missed his team’s semifinal game after being charged with felony assault, according to the Spokesman-Review newspaper in Spokane, Wash. Eastern Washington head coach Aaron Best said Tiuli is still ... the team, but the matter is in ... university’s hands.

“Administratively, we’re waiting on a few things,” Best said. “It’s really out of our control like I said. So as much as I’d love to delve into ... further, I just can’t.”

The 6-foot-4, 320-pound Tiuli had 38 tackles, 6.5 for lost yardage, and four quarterback sacks to lead the Eagles into the FCS playoffs as the No. 3 seed.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...fcs-title-game

Almost sounds like its similar to some other happenings in the past, but with NDSU he would not be with the team, and its a team decision not a university decision...

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Did anyone else pick up on this little bit of info under the NDSU running back story.

Eagles nose guard Jay-Tee Tiuli, the Big Sky Conference Defensive Player of the Year, missed his team’s semifinal game after being charged with felony assault, according to the Spokesman-Review newspaper in Spokane, Wash. Eastern Washington head coach Aaron Best said Tiuli is still ... the team, but the matter is in ... university’s hands.

“Administratively, we’re waiting on a few things,” Best said. “It’s really out of our control like I said. So as much as I’d love to delve into ... further, I just can’t.”

The 6-foot-4, 320-pound Tiuli had 38 tackles, 6.5 for lost yardage, and four quarterback sacks to lead the Eagles into the FCS playoffs as the No. 3 seed.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...fcs-title-game

Almost sounds like its similar to some other happenings in the past, but with NDSU he would not be with the team, and its a team decision not a university decision...
    He kicked his brother unconscious in the head. I'm not sure how the university disciplinary process exceeds the team. Best is putting out some bad messaging. Seems he wants the university to be the heavy and he would be A-OK having him back. He should put his foot down and say no, that's not going to happen no matter what.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Two hours before kickoff free booze and food.
    You paid 200 + for that ticket. It aint free.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He kicked his brother unconscious in the head. I'm not sure how the university disciplinary process exceeds the team. Best is putting out some bad messaging. Seems he wants the university to be the heavy and he would be A-OK having him back. He should put his foot down and say no, that's not going to happen no matter what.
    It depends on what is in their student code of conduct. On some campuses, athletics is considered a student activity and if he is found responsible he could be prevented from playing just like holding office in an organization. Another possibility is that their AD and President are mulling things over.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Part of me would rather have him play to eliminate one excuse for Eagles fans when their team loses. The other part of me says he should be off the team.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Part of me would rather have him play to eliminate one excuse for Eagles fans when their team loses. The other part of me says he should be off the team.
    Perhaps he should be in jail?
    Remember the part of the story that the police witnessed the altercation. They arrived to see him kicking his brother.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It depends on what is in their student code of conduct. On some campuses, athletics is considered a student activity and if he is found responsible he could be prevented from playing just like holding office in an organization. Another possibility is that their AD and President are mulling things over.
    Yeah. Maybe I said that wrong, what I'm saying is the university should be deciding whether he continues as a student-athlete, the coach should be deciding whether he plays in this game. That is a bare minimum.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewto...3ffc7d4#p76382

Looking at NDSU's DL their TFL numbers just don't add up to a dominating DL. They are a good DL but believe their defensive backfield locking the passing game down has given the DL a lot of time to eventually make a play. Also, NDSU hasn't actually faced a top 20 passing offense this year or the weapons Eastern has at it's disposal.
    Thoughts?