Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs E. Washington - in Frisco

Default Re: NDSU vs E. Washington - in Frisco

has ESPN announced who is doing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Right? Question is: if you are tailgating first and no doubt one would not do that consumption free, then is it still possible to consume $125 worth of food and drink in two hours or less? Of course the indoor option has some value as well so the food and beverage is less than I stated but if the weather is very nice and dry then to extract the added value out of that Experience ticket one will have to basically camp out at the bar between 9:00 and 11:00.

Last year I was holding an experience ticket and was foolhardy enough to pay for and eat the breakfast buffet at the hotel before going to the game (it WAS really good.) DOH!! On the plus side I did get to sit by the guvna and his lovely wife, so, there's that.

All in all though I admit that this was very poor pre-game preparation. No doubt the game would have been decided earlier in the final quarter had I been more diligent. I promise to do better this year.
    We get the hospitality tickets for two reasons: the biggest is because we have two toddlers so having room to run around inside is a gigantic plus. The second reason is because you get better seats outside. We bought 10 tickets this year right when went on sale in the fall. 5 tickets were non-hospitality and they are in the corner. Best I could get. The second 5 are hospitality and the outside seats are on the 50 yard line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

https://i.imgflip.com/2pxu5b.jpg

Now that could be on a sign!

Quote Originally Posted by JCEE1990 View Post
    https://i.imgflip.com/2pxu5b.jpg

Now that could be on a sign!
    Yes, it could!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saturday Jan. 5 forecast
    Sunny
    59°44°
    10%
    S 11 mph
    Sunny skies. High 59F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Excluding a nap today only three more sleeps and we are Frisco bound. Final check on packed clothes, booze and snacks.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Next Saturday, I believe the Bison will win against E. Washington in Frisco. However ...

The two 'playoff' games yesterday in FBS, especially the Clemson game - a shot across the bow? Clemson was a big-play team against Notre Dame. Four TDs before Notre Dame gets on the board, well executed pass plays, good throws by the QB, outstanding catches in some cases by the receivers. Stats-wise, Clemson dominated, so they didn't win just by big plays and being opportunistic. They had a really good defense too. Also had a pretty balanced running/passing game.

E. Washington has some parallels to Clemson. They are also a big play team, a good QB and good receivers. And their defense is a lot better than prior E. Washington defenses. If E. Washington has a good game against the Bison, I suspect it will be because they have a Clemson like day. The Eagles have a shot.

I was super impressed by the Bison defense last year against JMU. But the Bison scored no points in the 2nd half and could not sustain a drive. Probably cannot afford an offensive performance like that this year.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Next Saturday, I believe the Bison will win against E. Washington in Frisco. However ...

The two 'playoff' games yesterday in FBS, especially the Clemson game - a shot across the bow? Clemson was a big-play team against Notre Dame. Four TDs before Notre Dame gets on the board, well executed pass plays, good throws by the QB, outstanding catches in some cases by the receivers. Stats-wise, Clemson dominated, so they didn't win just by big plays and being opportunistic. They had a really good defense too. Also had a pretty balanced running/passing game.

E. Washington has some parallels to Clemson. They are also a big play team, a good QB and good receivers. And their defense is a lot better than prior E. Washington defenses. If E. Washington has a good game against the Bison, I suspect it will be because they have a Clemson like day. The Eagles have a shot.

I was super impressed by the Bison defense last year against JMU. But the Bison scored no points in the 2nd half and could not sustain a drive. Probably cannot afford an offensive performance like that this year.
    Not sure if EWU has the athleticism on defense that JMU had last year. The Dukes were quick and filled holes when it looked like our RB's might break big runs. They closed quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post

No doubt they have a shot and they will get some big plays. We need to avoid a shootout and play keep away. Both teams have good offenses, but we have a much better defense.
    They have a better defense than last year, but so is our offense.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

A better FBS comp for EWU is Oklahoma. Clemson's QB is an elite passer and their defense is as good as their offense. Oklahoma's QB is small and mobile. They are carried by their offense. I see NDSU dismantling EWU just like Alabama did to Oklahoma.