Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs E. Washington - in Frisco

Default NDSU vs E. Washington - in Frisco

What's everyone thoughts on this matchup?

I listened to the Maine vs Eastern Washington game on Internet Radio out of Bangor, Maine. The announcers were very good - Maine supporters, but fair, gave credit to EWU when they deserved it.

Based on the radio show ... EWU's main strengths are their speed and ability to execute explosive plays that put points on the board. Sounds like the Bison defensive backs will have their hands full. UC Davis last week scored with about a minute-thirty remaining and then put the game on the line with a 2-pt conversion attempt that succeeded. They went up by 1 point, looked they were going to win. Then EWU got the kickoff and marched the field to score and win.

This game may be a challenge for the Bison. The Bison have played great in the playoffs so far. EWU may be more explosive than SDSU.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs E. Washington - in Frisco

Do we assume the Bison will get the extra bump of 3 points in the Sagarin spread since Toyota Stadium is far from a neutral field???

Offensively EWU seems very similar to SDSU. I don't think their QB is as good of a passer as Christion is but he's a more dangerous runner I think. I quit watching their game today after it got to 35-5 but their defense still seems a bit suspect. They were missing their Big Sky DOPY in DT Tiuli today and apparently it was a mystery as to why - he went out in that 2017 matchup between these two teams and EWU's run defense got shredded after that.

I think EWU can put up 20+ on the Bison defense but I doubt their defense can hold the Bison much below their scoring average this year (42) so I'd expect a final score about the same as the SDSU game.

We will lose...the bowling tournament.

Then, we run for about 450 and hold the ball for 40 minutes or so and Jabril Cox destroys EWU's QB and spits out his bones like an owl. Menard, Butler and Tuszka all feast on their slow OT's. It's gonna be fun to watch them destroy this version of EWU. We win easily.

This is going to be a fun one... Bison are going to be prepared to decimate the Eags.

- "Winter Camp" will be the difference maker... it's a routine part of the NDSU Schedule, but I doubt EWU has the money to hold a "winter camp" over the Christmas Break -- recall this was huge when we matched up with SHSU. https://www.jamestownsun.com/sports/...ampionship-win

- Like it or not, EWU's offense closely resembles a lot of the Big 12 in playing style... Coach K and the entire coaching staff will be highly motivated to create a game plan to smother this style of play... call it a "proof of concept" for some Big 12 doubters.

Just my uneducated thoughts...

Jokes about our opponent's speed aside...was impressed with EWU's overall speed on offense.

I do think their "Leave no doubt" motto on the back of their helmets needs to be mocked with signs and such.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

EWU's play reminds me a lot of Sam Houston State or Jacksonville State. Could be that UMaine made them look great.... but "they have never seen a offense/defense like...." Who knows. We'll see in Fargo South.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was impressed with EWU's defensive speed today, but are they physical enough to withstand the onslaught that the Bison offense brings for four quarters.
    Their offense looked great today but struggled at times against Davis the week before. Their QB is quick, Bison need to contain him.
    I thought we would end up playing EWU for the natty a couple times before, but this is the first time the held up their end of the stick.

EWU on offense appears to be similar SDSU except they appear to rely on big plays instead of methodically working their way down the field. Spy the QB with Cox and play just like we did on Friday. On defense, nothing stands out. Last year we put up 40+ in their house for the first time under Mess. I see a similar score to Friday in Frisco.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

They are balanced and actually play D this season. Bison pull away in the 2nd half and win 38-17