Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine @ Eastern Washington

Default Re: Maine @ Eastern Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Multiple_Disorders_Mainer View Post
    If you think you are at a snails pace...I mean at least you guys put up an indoor stadium.
    Try coming to Orono, Maine sometime in the cold for a football game...

We have made great strides but it about time the State stepped in and did more for UMAINE athletics...

We have a great Coach right now, but will he get a necessary raise so we can keep him...I can only pray they do...

Do you honestly think that is going to happen in Maine, i.e. pay raise and more support for athletics? Full-disclosure here, I attended the UMaine some time ago for my undergraduate degree (a great party school I might add). After I left Orono Maine I moved to Fargo (or Fargo-Moorehead) were I attended graduate school at NDSU. I lived in F-M for several years where I met my wife and got married and so I have interests, appreciation and a fondness for both communities. However, the differences between Maine and ND people are large. When i attended UMaine I found there was more interest in the annual high school basket tournament than athletics at the University level. Also, the state residents or a significant percentage almost seemed resentful of "out-of-staters"(still remember hearing this all the time at UMaine - a bunch of cranky Yankees IMO) who would come in and compete for there jobs. If things have not changed in Maine , then a sizeable portion of the population may be a bit resentful that a large percentage of your team (players and coaches) comes from outside your state (NY, PA, NJ etc) and therefore don't want the state to spend state money on student-athletes or coaches who are not from Maine (born and raised).

Final commnent, I was really hoping UMaine would come through this Saturday setting up a NDSU-UMaine final but I was not surprised. EWU football has been a scoring machine in recent years. Your defense is pretty darn good, but your offense is just so-so IMO and once your team got behind a snowball effect developed. Your Coach is to be congratulated for getting your team to the semis as recruiting up north on Interstate 95 must be very challenging. NDSU football has a lot of great things going for it and extending beyond tradition. The facilities are great for an FCS school, community support is great and geographically it is in a wonderful location drawing talent from the upper-midwest ( + a touch from Florida). Hard to see how the gap between Umaine and NDSU ever gets smaller in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    Spokane metro has a population ~500K.
    And Boise metro area is even a bit more populated. That would also have to be considered as "between Minneapolis and Seattle."

Definitely not the largest city in that stretch, but decent sized for "flyover country."

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    And Boise metro area is even a bit more populated. That would also have to be considered as "between Minneapolis and Seattle."

Definitely not the largest city in that stretch, but decent sized for "flyover country."
    I agree.

There are things Fargo offers that make it the only place between Minneapolis and Seattle -e.g. they have the only level one trauma center in the area between Minneapolis, Seattle, Denver, and Omaha.
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...76694882103296

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maine coach Joe Harasymiak is leaving to take an assistant coaching job at Minnesota Gophers ....? Where coaching careers go to die?

What's the problem with the Gophers, anyway? Not enough resources, AD support, booster support??? Just wondering why they struggle year after year in a recruit rich environment.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Minnesota Gophers ....? Where coaching careers go to die?

What's the problem with the Gophers, anyway? Not enough resources, AD support, booster support??? Just wondering why they struggle year after year in a recruit rich environment.
    That boat ain't gonna row itself!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maine coach Joe Harasymiak is leaving to take an assistant coaching job at Minnesota Gophers ....? Where coaching careers go to die?

They’re too much of a hockey school.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

What's the problem with the Gophers, anyway?

Two words. Vikings.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Two words. Vikings.
    Sure, just like the problem with the Wild is the Gophers.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Two words. Vikings.
    Only one word.

We are turning it around.

Gophers will have 8 wins next year. I wish we would schedule you guys again. We need more butts in the seats and NDSU would help that.