Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine @ Eastern Washington

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Maine @ Eastern Washington

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Eastern Washington looks pretty damn good! Great game
    Their defense doesn't look good and they were playing a Maine offense. There is no way EWU defense will be able to slow down or stop the Bison O. NDSU will control the clock and keep the ball for 3/4 of the TOP.

Don't let today's result cloud judgment. I do think EWU is a bit better than SDSU, but Frisco will be a similar result to last night

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    EWU has the kind of offense that gives the Bison D fits, similar to SDSU. Natty will be a close and very good game.
    EWU looks good only because they are playing a horrible team.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

EW offense is better than SDSU’s and will be a challenge for our defense. Still think we should top them by a couple of scores but should be a challenging matchup.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

E Washington is playing very well going into the NC. They are going to need to play better. Maine looked a step slow. I don't think this was the same team we saw vs Weber St.

Congrats to E Washington for finally winning a big game at home.

I was at the game today. It was hard to judge how good EWU was because Maine was playing so poorly.

My take is that if the Eagles can jump on the board quickly some some fast strike long pass TDs, it could be interesting for a half or a bit more. I suspect they are capable of scoring 21-28 on the Bison D if they come out firing on all cylinders. But I don't think that will be enough, as I think the Bison O will definitely score more than that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I was at the game today. It was hard to judge how good EWU was because Maine was playing so poorly.

My take is that if the Eagles can jump on the board quickly some some fast strike long pass TDs, it could be interesting for a half or a bit more. I suspect they are capable of scoring 21-28 on the Bison D if they come out firing on all cylinders. But I don't think that will be enough, as I think the Bison O will definitely score more than that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    EWU shredded our defense in that game. Of course our having to travel 11,000 miles did not help matters any...We gave away two touchdowns early on turnovers
    and from there it was pretty much downhill, except for the second half. But then again every time we scored EWU came right back. Their QB has to be contained
    and pressured. For a backup he is doing quite well.

No, Maine did not play its best game but EWU had a lot to do with that as well.

NDSU looked pretty awesome. I am surprised you guys have not made the move into the FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiple_Disorders_Mainer View Post
    EWU shredded our defense in that game. Of course our having to travel 11,000 miles did not help matters any...We gave away two touchdowns early on turnovers
    and from there it was pretty much downhill, except for the second half. But then again every time we scored EWU came right back. Their QB has to be contained
    and pressured. For a backup he is doing quite well.

No, Maine did not play its best game but EWU had a lot to do with that as well.

NDSU looked pretty awesome. I am surprised you guys have not made the move into the FBS.
    Think about it. If you ripped off a ton of football wins, could you go FBS? Same here.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You have an indoor stadium...no one in FCS really wants to play you because they know you are the top dog in FCS...
    Why wouldn't take a shot at it. It appears you have the fanbase to make the move and certainly you have top athletes
    in FCS.

I would expect you would be facing an adjustment into FBS but it appears you are certainly ready to make the jump. I mean your
    program is not Idaho State having to make a move back down to FCS from FBS because of lack of fan support.

Why stay in FCS?

Quote Originally Posted by Multiple_Disorders_Mainer View Post
    You have an indoor stadium...no one in FCS really wants to play you because they know you are the top dog in FCS...
    Why wouldn't take a shot at it. It appears you have the fanbase to make the move and certainly you have top athletes
    in FCS.

I would expect you would be facing an adjustment into FBS but it appears you are certainly ready to make the jump. I mean your
    program is not Idaho State having to make a move back down to FCS from FBS because of lack of fan support.

Why stay in FCS?
    Because, as has been exhaustively discussed here for years, football success is only a very small part of it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯