Thread: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frisco Northwest

Default Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frisco Northwest

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frisco Northwest at 9444 Frisco Street is still under construction and will not be open for any reservations for the championship game. I made a reservation back in September when they said the new hotel would be open in November. I checked today, and they've pushed the opening date back to the end of January. Nice. I shouldn't have taken that chance and thought better of it when I was making the reservation, but went ahead anyway because it was much less expensive than other options. I wonder when they were going to let me know that I didn't actually have a room to stay in. Anyway, they accommodated me at another hotel. I just wanted to put this out there in case there are any other sorry saps in the same position.

Note this message applies only the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frisco Northwest at 9444 Frisco Street, not the Holiday Inn Express Frisco at 3400 Parkwood Blvd.

Admin feel free to move this to wherever it belongs or remove it altogether.

Default Re: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frisco Northwest

Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frisco Northwest at 9444 Frisco Street is still under construction and will not be open for any reservations for the championship game. I made a reservation back in September when they said the new hotel would be open in November. I checked today, and they've pushed the opening date back to the end of January. Nice. I shouldn't have taken that chance and thought better of it when I was making the reservation, but went ahead anyway because it was much less expensive than other options. I wonder when they were going to let me know that I didn't actually have a room to stay in. Anyway, they accommodated me at another hotel. I just wanted to put this out there in case there are any other sorry saps in the same position.

Note this message applies only the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frisco Northwest at 9444 Frisco Street, not the Holiday Inn Express Frisco at 3400 Parkwood Blvd.

I read on Facebook that another hotel near this one is not opening either. Best to check your reservation no matter where you are staying
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Is the "rest of the story" that the hotel is paying for your room elsewhere? Being in the business I know that is how it works, IF you have a confirmation number.

Who needs a room?

Comfort Suites right by the stadium. Two queen beds and sofa. 6 occupancy. 189.00 a night avg.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-22-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

My boss had a reservation at this hotel as well. Had to continually badger them to finally get them to admit the hotel wouldn't be open. He had them same question, when exactly were they going to let him know that if he hadn't continually called to double check?

Quote Originally Posted by Clawman View Post
    Is the "rest of the story" that the hotel is paying for your room elsewhere? Being in the business I know that is how it works, IF you have a confirmation number.
    IHG made it right and was good to work with.