Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Iowa kinda proved it during the rest of the season.
    Hard to say. What if they would have won against the Bison? What if their egos weren't deflated by that Bison loss. Who knows what impact that might have had on the rest of their season. Butterfly effect and all.

I suspect that Iowa was legitimately a top 15-20 team that year had it not been for the Bison loss.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    False starts were legit.

They just were really selective with everything else from holds to blocks in the back to PI's.

Thankfully they weren't in a position to matter.
    I watched with a neutral Bama guy. We agreed on the penalties other than the catch interference. I am not sure if it was a bad call or not, neither was he, we only saw it live and one replay from a bad angle. It's a penalty you don't see much. I was leaning towards it as a penalty, he thought it was clean. I would like Indy's take on it. I wasn't taking a strong stance on that one.

I had a small beef with the pass interference on NDSU in the endzone too. Definitely was one that you can't complain too much one way or the other, my friend thought it was interference. Refs have a tough job.
    College of Business Alumnus

THAT was just a really stupid move by the Bison DB, since the ball was overthrown. Never looked around to see where the ball was.

We had that catch interference called against us last week, so it's nice to get the consistent interpretation this time that benefited us.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I watched with a neutral Bama guy. We agreed on the penalties other than the catch interference. I am not sure if it was a bad call or not, neither was he, we only saw it live and one replay from a bad angle. It's a penalty you don't see much. I was leaning towards it as a penalty, he thought it was clean. I would like Indy's take on it. I wasn't taking a strong stance on that one.

I had a small beef with the pass interference on NDSU in the endzone too. Definitely was one that you can't complain too much one way or the other, my friend thought it was interference. Refs have a tough job.
    Indy already spoke on the subject. He may have phrased it differently than I am here, but the gist is that it looks like the catch kick interference call was legitimate.

THAT was just a really stupid move by the Bison DB, since the ball was overthrown. Never looked around to see where the ball was.

We had that catch interference called against us last week, so it's nice to get the consistent interpretation this time that benefited us.
    The difference was that last week's catch kick interference was likely a bad call.

NDSU is just better.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The ESPN announcers mentioned that Christion was taking a lot of hits....and Stick was delivering a lot of hits.
    One of them is definitely more physical than the other. No doubt there.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Indy already spoke on the subject. He may have phrased it differently than I am here, but the gist is that it looks like the catch kick interference call was legitimate.

I believe it. We didn't get a good look. We were fetching another beer at that point, and I was like "Man, that's close, you think that's a penalty?" and he was like, "Shoot tough to tell there."

I defer to Indy on the subject.

What's next?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That TD run by Bruce Anderson would get my vote for highlight play of the game even though it got called back. He planted that guy.
    That was the run of the season! My wish for Bruce is that he could have had a better season, health wise. I feel bad for him. He has been a special player for the Herd.