Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Geez you guys, that not Stig’s decision at all. They have a medical team. Knock it off with the criticism of Stig. He does what the medical people say.
    As a small college head coach should you:
    1. Be aware that your star qb was laying on the turf for a few minutes after hitting his head on the ground... And then only missed one play with basically one “trainer/medical staff” helping player when off the field for 20 seconds.
    2. Be aware that said player 10 minutes later was in same position and laid on ground several more minutes?
    3. Be at least somewhat concerned for the players long term health?
    4. Care at least enough to physically go ask “medical” staff, talk to the player, something, anything?
    5. Attempt to create a respectable culture/environment where player concussion/injury is taken seriously, especially around the head?

As an aside:
    “Not the coaches/leagues/etc fault” mentality is how the NFL got where it is with the concussion threatening the future of the league itself.

I would be interested in someone explaining how anyone can determine whether someone has a concussion in the 30 seconds it takes to run one play.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Geez you guys, that not Stig’s decision at all. They have a medical team. Knock it off with the criticism of Stig. He does what the medical people say.
    For not having a medical school, Bisonville has a lot of people capable of diagnosing a concussion from a TV broadcast.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    So I’m struggling just a bit with people on here questioning how tough TC is after last nights game. The kid had his head dribbled off the turf all night and kept getting up and going back out there. The damn kid was just trying to survive and finish the game. He knew his team had no chance if he didn’t finish the game. He’s one hell of a player I’m glad we don’t have to play anymore. He’s the only quarterback with more than one win against us, winning 40% of his games against us. We can laugh about that all we want, but the average win percentage is 7% over the last 8 years. So could we focus on praising our players and coaches rather kicking a kid on another team and questioning how tough he is?
    Good post! TC has been a great QB for the Jacks the past few years. He is the main reason they beat us twice. I know I'm going to be relieved to see a different face behind center when we play the Bunnies next year!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://twitter.com/coachcriles/stat...441434624?s=21

As I reflect on last nights game against SDSU, as well as prepare for upcoming Holiday season it reminds me of an ole’ saying...

“Be careful what you wish for!”

9/29/18
    #SeeYouInThePlayoffs

Always stay humble, or you will be humbled. ��������

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    For not having a medical school, Bisonville has a lot of people capable of diagnosing a concussion from a TV broadcast.
    Arm chair coaches and arm chair trainers evidently!

Yep and I question their medical team. It is a question that needs to be asked by the SDSU AD and if after looking into it and they are satisfied then great but if not they need to have a discussion on their protocols. We need to follow the same strict protocols at NDSU as it is that important. A student Athlete is owed that by all teams. That all rolls to the top of the team and that is Stig and he is responsible.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Then they have worthless medical staff, or maybe the perfect medical staff for Stig. Give a listen to the jack post game presser. I think Christion said his head bounced off the turf in that Jabril tackle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shk8vQ6IKIM

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Maybe it is my heart of stone, but I don't see a problem with it. No doubt he is a good player and went back in. The point is he didn't like contact and avoided it even when he could have picked up extra yardage. Even the commentators noted it when they compared him with Stick who did not avoid contact...he dished it out. You are correct, he was worried about surviving.
    It was obvious he was concussed. He couldnt take another big hit. Stig and the medical staff should be fired over this. There was no concussion protocol. I never saw a doctor examine him. If he tips over they are in serious shit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    My God. Wtf was stig thinking.
    The way Cox closed on that play was a thing of beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk