Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Game went pretty much as I suspected it would. Great first half for the Jacks and then get dominated in the second half. God bless Stig and his inability to go off script and change things up. Good luck in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Game went pretty much as I suspected it would. Great first half for the Jacks and then get dominated in the second half. God bless Stig and his inability to go off script and change things up. Good luck in Frisco.
    I’m not sure what adjustments might have been effective. I can very reasonably be accused of being a homer but I have been convinced that this Bison team has been sandbagging their way through the season. Some more knowledgeable posters here have observed some new wrinkles in Friday’s game. I believe they still have some things in their arsenal that they are saving for the next game.

The 2018 Jackrabbits were an excellent team in my opinion but this 2018 Bison team is epic. I am convinced that no team that was not in the discussion for the CFP would be capable of denying this team #7. Yes, as I said I know I am a homer but still the evidence is pretty dramatic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Maybe posted somewhere and I did not see it. Who won the push up contest with Shepherd and Dudzik?
    When did they do that?

Not sure why its bash on Stig time. As was mentioned, SDSU's transition to FCS is one of the most impressive stories ever, going from a mediocre football program to a top 10 program at a higher division. Many of SDSU's problems in the playoffs is that they get stuck on the same side of the bracket as NDSU, who is on an unprecedented run. Much of our success is based on our very deep roster.

But I guess with the general tone of disdain for our opponents by many on here I probably shouldn't be surprised.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I like a lot of things about SDSU.

They have all but cemented themselves as a top 5 FCS team.

I like their style of football.

Strong and Rozeboom are studs.

Not a fan of flopping or their concussion protocol.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Not sure why its bash on Stig time. As was mentioned, SDSU's transition to FCS is one of the most impressive stories ever, going from a mediocre football program to a top 10 program at a higher division. Many of SDSU's problems in the playoffs is that they get stuck on the same side of the bracket as NDSU, who is on an unprecedented run. Much of our success is based on our very deep roster.

But I guess with the general tone of disdain for our opponents by many on here I probably shouldn't be surprised.
    Personally, there are many coaches of the teams that we play against that I respect. Stig isn't one of them. He has done a good job with the Rabbits, but he pulls too much chicken shit things for me to respect him beyond that.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    When did they do that?
    Friday during tailgating. Shep won with 100 push up completed first.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Pretty sure Bruce had a great clean block on Rosepetal from delta formation with 3 min left in 1 half. He got up limping and had to leave the game and then Easton scored from 34 yards out right where he normally would have been playing.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Pretty sure Bruce had a great clean block on Rosepetal from delta formation with 3 min left in 1 half. He got up limping and had to leave the game and then Easton scored from 34 yards out right where he normally would have been playing.
    Bruce. Beast. Both start with the letter "B." Coincidence? Hmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I like a lot of things about SDSU.

They have all but cemented themselves as a top 5 FCS team.

I like their style of football.

Strong and Rozeboom are studs.

Not a fan of flopping or their concussion protocol.
    They've accomplished a lot as a program in D1 football. Especially with the limitations of Brookings and their lack of success in D2. Something else I just found out is that Stig did not even play college ball according to his team bio.

The flopping stuff is just cowardly and insulting to the game.