Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Refs from for tonights game

Default Where are the Refs from for tonights game

Just wondering if anyone knows if they have been to Fargo previously in the past and what conference they are from?

Default Re: Where are the Refs from for tonights game

Big Sky. Not sure if this particular crew has been to Fargo or not

It’s funny. I personally know one of the refs but had no idea of the conference he works in. That’s all I am going to say for now. Hoping to connect with him after the game and ask about his experience in the dome, noise and all.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    It’s funny. I personally know one of the refs but had no idea of the conference he works in. That’s all I am going to say for now. Hoping to connect with him after the game and ask about his experience in the dome, noise and all.
    Please report back after you've done this. Would like to legitimately hear an unbiased (hopefully) comment on the noise level on the field during gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Please report back after you've done this. Would like to legitimately hear an unbiased (hopefully) comment on the noise level on the field during gameplay.
    I wish the NCAA would bring in a P5 crew for these semifinal games in the dome. First, they are supposedly the cream of the crop in the college reffing game. And B, the crowd noise and intensity can have an effect on a refs, too. The P5 crews are probably more used to calling a game where it is routinely above 100 dB.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I wish the NCAA would bring in a P5 crew for these semifinal games in the dome. First, they are supposedly the cream of the crop in the college reffing game. And B, the crowd noise and intensity can have an effect on a refs, too. The P5 crews are probably more used to calling a game where it is routinely above 100 dB.
    Like it or not , since it is 2 MVFC teams playing we should be allowed to have our own conference crew.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Like it or not , since it is 2 MVFC teams playing we should be allowed to have our own conference crew.
    Totally Agree. No reason for outside conference refs if both teams are from the same conference. A MVFC crew would have more experience with the teams and their styles of play leading to less confusion.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    That is very unlikely to happen. The reward for any official at any level is post season assignments. It's how they measure the success of their season. It's the main level of accountability supervisors have for them. Get a couple downgrades during the season and you can likely kiss a post season assignment good bye. The crew assigned for tonight's game should be excellent as they have already worked one playoff game in the tournament and graded well enough to earn this game as well. They could have graded well enough to work the national championship but since there is a Big Sky team that could still qualify they could have been given this game to ensure they were rewarded. Of course that evaluation is in the eye of the beholder. I know a lot of people here complained about the crew in Fargo last week. The NCAA apparently disagreed because they were rewarded with the semi-final game at EWU this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I know the MVFC playoff crew was really hoping for this too. Because of the Bison success and the one year YSU made it the MVFC hasn't been able to work a national championship for 8 years! It's the unfortunate by product of the Bison success.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That is very unlikely to happen. The reward for any official at any level is post season assignments. It's how they measure the success of their season. It's the main level of accountability supervisors have for them. Get a couple downgrades during the season and you can likely kiss a post season assignment good bye. The crew assigned for tonight's game should be excellent as they have already worked one playoff game in the tournament and graded well enough to earn this game as well. They could have graded well enough to work the national championship but since there is a Big Sky team that could still qualify they could have been given this game to ensure they were rewarded. Of course that evaluation is in the eye of the beholder. I know a lot of people here complained about the crew in Fargo last week. The NCAA apparently disagreed because they were rewarded with the semi-final game at EWU this week.

I know the MVFC playoff crew was really hoping for this too. Because of the Bison success and the one year YSU made it the MVFC hasn't been able to work a national championship for 8 years! It's the unfortunate by product of the Bison success.
    Lots of close calls that went to review didn't go NDSU's way. The only real head scratcher was the kick catch interference. No way should have it been called on #25, MAYBE on Jabril who was standing a few feet away, but I still think that was a bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Lots of close calls that went to review didn't go NDSU's way. The only real head scratcher was the kick catch interference. No way should have it been called on #25, MAYBE on Jabril who was standing a few feet away, but I still think that was a bad call.
    That was a terrible call.