Page 99 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

So the remaining announcement is a Running Backs Coach? Any speculation on who that might be?

Would think it would be a pretty desirable position for a young coach to be the RB Coach at NDSU.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Prediction time:

TR will be a head coach somewhere within the next three years if he can prove himself as a capable OC. Somebody is going to want to tap into that Bison magic.

Grant Olson will eventually be a head coach at a P5 program...unless Amy keeps raking in the cash that is.

Entz is going to struggle with the transisition to being a head coach and next year is going to be a mess for a while. He will figure it out and will have us back to the top in year 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Prediction time:

TR will be a head coach somewhere within the next three years if he can prove himself as a capable OC. Somebody is going to want to tap into that Bison magic.

Grant Olson will eventually be a head coach at a P5 program...unless Amy keeps raking in the cash that is.

Entz is going to struggle with the transisition to being a head coach and next year is going to be a mess for a while. He will figure it out and will have us back to the top in year 3.
    Amy is on the record saying she wants kids at some point

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Amy is on the record saying she wants kids at some point
    So, comfortable position coach in a place where your money goes a long way might be a nice way to start a family and have time to enjoy them.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prediction time: Entz is going to struggle with the transisition to being a head coach and next year is going to be a mess for a while. He will figure it out and will have us back to the top in year 3.
    Prediction: If next year turns into a mess either Lakes or El Chapo will start a fire all the coaches thread.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Prediction time:

So what areas are you predicting this "mess" will occur in? Overall I think Entz picked good guys to run the program and keep things going. The only one I'm unsure on is Braun at D and that's only because I know nothing about him. I think you've been reading too much sioux sports again.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

My main concern is the new QBs and Roehl's transiton to OC. Entz is a defensive guy(he will have that group squared away), the only way I can see a mess happening is if the offense is struggling. Good thing Tyler has Hedberg and other assistants like the UMD OC to lean on.

Entz so far has crushed the transition.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So what areas are you predicting this "mess" will occur in? Overall I think Entz picked good guys to run the program and keep things going. The only one I'm unsure on is Braun at D and that's only because I know nothing about him. I think you've been reading too much sioux sports again.
    That's the basis of my concern but I am no expert on Braun and his defense philosophy. I think we will be just fine on O though once we get qb situation figured out. As for the HYB, the enemy of my enemy is my enemy or something like that. I have a hard time reading that board but do enjoy the meltdowns on the hockey forum from time to time, especially when they choke in the frozen four.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    My main concern is the new QBs and Roehl's transiton to OC. Entz is a defensive guy(he will have that group squared away), the only way I can see a mess happening is if the offense is struggling. Good thing Tyler has Hedberg and other assistants like the UMD OC to lean on.

Entz so far has crushed the transition.
    The beauty is nobody has a clue how TR is gonna call a game! Might be the best thing we could have done. There is no reason to believe that it is beyond him because he is younger and no OC experience. Hell he might be the goat!

That's the basis of my concern but I am no expert on Braun and his defense philosophy. I think we will be just fine on O though once we get qb situation figured out. As for the HYB, the enemy of my enemy is my enemy or something like that. I have a hard time reading that board but do enjoy the meltdowns on the hockey forum from time to time, especially when they choke in the frozen four.
    We will try this once more: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix