Page 91 of 145 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, Braun was DL in his playing days so he doesn't really seem like a good fit to coach the secondary but who knows. Maybe Morgan takes over DBs overall and Braun does special teams and DC and doesn't coach a position group??? Braun was special teams coordinator for UNI last year. I don't think I've ever heard of a DC/ST coordinator though... there's probably a reason for that.
    I would not want to see him do both, not enough time in game week to watch film and gameplan for both coordinator positions. But from what I gather, the way we've been doing things is certain position coaches are given a specific Special Teams group, like Goeser has been doing kickoff coverage or at least was.

I'm worried (just a little) about the lack of experience with secondary coaching. Interested to see how Entz addressees. Klieman worked with the secondary pretty regularly as a head coach so somebody needs to fill the void.

Huge to keep Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I feel sorry for defensive coaches at UNI. Seems like they thrive after getting out from under Farley's bootheel.
    FWIW - Mark Farley's coaching tree - off the top of my head...I know I'm missing a couple

Chris Klieman - KSU HC
    Matt Entz - NDSU HC
    David Braun - NDSU DC
    Jason Ray - KSU ... and NDSU
    Ryan Mahaffey - WKU TE (NDSU?)
    Jeremiah Johnson - UNI - turned down many a job offers to stay with Farley
    Scott Frost - HC at Nebraska
    Mario Verduzco - Nebraska
    Scott Chinander - Nebraska
    Atif Austin - NE Patriots (spend time at NDSU)
    Jerry Montgomery - GB Packers (was hired away from UNI by Michigan and Oklahoma)
    Brandon Lynch - ECU
    Bill Salmon - UNI future HOF OC that got out of coaching
    Rick Nelson - UNI should be UNI HOF OL coach that got out of coaching
    Bryce Paup - UNI - spent time at Minnesota as DL coach after UNI and before coming back to UNI
    Joe Davis - Albany OC (first D1 job) has gone out east to Fordham and Albany and just crushed offensive numbers
    D.J. Hord - Seattle Seahawks high ranking scouting job
    Brandon Hall - DC Troy (maybe following Neal to WVU) was the DC at Jax State during their best years recently
    D.J. Vokalek - UNI Associate Head Coach/DC right now but has spent time elsewhere as AHC and DC
    William Ingle - Indiana recruiting and ST

He's a bitch to work for, but he certainly produces some really damn good coaches that know the game really well when they leave. Again, I'll add that maybe the reason so many succeed when they leave is because of him.

Keep in mind Klieman was considered a failed young assistant at the D1 level and took a D3 job where he had a .300 win% percent before Farley hired him as a full time assistant due to their time together at UNI and Kansas in years before that.

Is hedberg still the qb also then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the pay structure balanced out at all? The conventional wisdom was that Farley made a lot and his assistants not so much.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ryan MaHaffey is not coming to NDSU. Pretty sure he is going back to UNI.

Pretty exciting. Love that the guys who are staying are so passionate. Really care about NDSU.

THe OL hire is the home run I was referencing. I am still in shock they were able to make that happen. Guy was ranked the #1 recruiter at Rutgers, the #13 recruiter in the Big 10 and a Top 100 recruiter in the FBS. That is how you win. Former All Conf Offensive Lineman at Iowa and very close with the Entz family.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Has the pay structure balanced out at all? The conventional wisdom was that Farley made a lot and his assistants not so much.
    Meh. Some of that is true and some of that is greatly exaggerated (Shocking that rivals would exaggerate shit about Farley...). They certainly could be paid more, especially in comparison to what he was/is paid. In relation to the rest of the FCS they aren't poorly paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Ryan MaHaffey is not coming to NDSU. Pretty sure he is going back to UNI.

Pretty exciting. Love that the guys who are staying are so passionate. Really care about NDSU.

THe OL hire is the home run I was referencing. I am still in shock they were able to make that happen. Guy was ranked the #1 recruiter at Rutgers, the #13 recruiter in the Big 10 and a Top 100 recruiter in the FBS. That is how you win. Former All Conf Offensive Lineman at Iowa and very close with the Entz family.
    Where does he do most of his recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    North Dakota State employees salaries are a matter of public record and open for everyone to see.
    There should be a book in the library with that information...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catching up....has the WR coach been announced?
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.