Page 64 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    He isn't exactly wrong. There have some success stories but also utter failures. It's probably 50/50.
    Unfortunately, the title of the story tries to claim their wasn’t any.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

What is Pat Perles doing these days?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I get everyone is speculating but what’s with all the regurgitated, retread coaches? Why must all these coaches have ties to NDSU? Not everyone on the staff needs to have played here or coached here before.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I get everyone is speculating but what’s with all the regurgitated, retread coaches? Why must all these coaches have ties to NDSU? Not everyone on the staff needs to have played here or coached here before.
    I agree. Just look at CK and the 4 coaches that are leaving with him to Kansas St. I believe that all 5 of these coaches did not have any tie to NDSU before they were hired as Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I agree. Just look at CK and the 4 coaches that are leaving with him to Kansas St. I believe that all 5 of these coaches did not have any tie to NDSU before they were hired as Bison!
    NDSU is a premier job in college football. Yes pay in P5 and G5 is more but NDSU is the place to coach for guys on the way up the ladder.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

We need to get the best coaches that we can, whether they have ties to NDSU or not.
    It doesn't matter if their stay is short as long as they get the job done.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Imo We promoted a HC and retained some assistants on both sides of the ball so Bison culture isn’t going anywhere, so, for remaining coaches it doesn’t matter where they are from.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think people are just afraid that if they bring in a bunch of coaches without Bison ties that the culture of what made Bison football a success is going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I think people are just afraid that if they bring in a bunch of coaches without Bison ties that the culture of what made Bison football a success is going to change.
    It seems to me that most who have come from the outside have been quick to learn.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I could be wrong, but when Klieman became had coach I believe he was the only one that stayed. Pretty sure he did ok filling out a coaching staff without filling it completely with former NDSU players and coaches.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.