Page 57 of 145 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I agree with this. Yes GO was an Grad assistant at Wyoming and LB coach at ISU-B. Love them both but I think TR is more experienced than GO with his stint in the Seahawks organization.
    Refresh my memory....thinking TR blow out the knee in hawks rookie camp?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't think anyone is knocking Roehl, most people want to make him run game coordinator which would put him a step away from OC.
    Yep. Needs to coach the oline and be a run game Coordinator before hes an OC. Vigen became the passing game Coordinator first. Too bad we cant keep Connor Riley, he would be a great OC

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

People need to think big picture. We are the class of fcs and anyone not in p5 conference. We will have lots of options for oc that have good experience. Let our young up and coming coaches get some experience before demanding they take so much responsibility. I agree though, let rohl take on running game coordinator and bring go back as lb coach. If we would only stick to ndsu guys we would have never had bohl, klieman or entz

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I don't mind stealing the non- DBag Sdsu coaches.
    Uhm, serious question, do they exist, or are they extinct?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    He made it to the big league and then blew out his knee. He knows what kind of work needs to be put in to be successful. He deserves a chance in my book. Grant Olson is younger and less experienced in my book but people want him at DC. I don't understand the knock on Tyler.
    He also coached at *checks notes* Moorhead High and Concordia. So, maybe we shouldn't worry that Hunt, et al all coach in DII right now
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Van Malone is joining Kstates staff.
    If you wanna play in Texas......

Van Malone - 48 years old, from Houston and went to Texas (Longhorns).
    NFL a few years, NDSU one year, and multiple assistant jobs, including multiple years in the state of Texas.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...one-126758786/

Klieman is expected to name NDSU defensive backs coach Joe Klanderman to his K-State staff, but Klieman has typically used two coaches in the secondary, meaning Klanderman may handle the safeties and Malone the cornerbacks for the Wildcats.

Klanderman is expected to be one of four members of Klieman’s staff at NDSU to come to K-State. The other three are on offense: Offensive coordinator Courtney Messingham, offensive line coach Conor Riley and receivers coach Jason Ray, who also may be considered for the tight end coach spot vacated by the departure of Zach Hanson.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    He coached for the Seahawks?
    No, he was there for a couple practices before injuring his knee. Definitely a resume enhancer!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Uhm, serious question, do they exist, or are they extinct?
    Hmmmmmmmm good question

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    If you wanna play in Texas......

Van Malone - 48 years old, from Houston and went to Texas (Longhorns).
    NFL a few years, NDSU one year, and multiple assistant jobs, including multiple years in the state of Texas.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...one-126758786/
    So it looks like we pegged who was going from about day 1......not shocking now the fun who do we take

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.