Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Eric Eidness as OC. I will get banded for bringing this name up. He is the OC at SDSU. They have had similar offensive scheme as us. We just execute it better. Go ahead to fire away.
    Last edited by Mr Meaty; 12-22-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Poor spelling
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Eric Eidness as OC. I will get band for being this name up. He is the OC at SDSU. They have had similar offensive scheme as us. We just execute it better. Go ahead to fire away.
    Think he would bring Eck with for the O line. Heck with his tweets the Bison o line just may use him as a live practice dummy

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Beyond the "well, they were Bison players" angle, why would the top FCS program in the country limit themselves to some local DII coaches. That makes no sense. I suspect there are plenty of highly talented folks from all levels of football that would be eager (and a proper fit) for a Bison coaching position. Time will tell soon enough...
    Right...Wasn't saying it was going to happen, but there are local options.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Beyond the "well, they were Bison players" angle, why would the top FCS program in the country limit themselves to some local DII coaches. That makes no sense. I suspect there are plenty of highly talented folks from all levels of football that would be eager (and a proper fit) for a Bison coaching position. Time will tell soon enough...
    Agree.....if they are up and comers absolutely. Which is why I say Grant Olsen laterally moves home (Amy) and gets a pay raise...trees seem to be turning things around. Plus, GO can take over recruiting in mpls {someone will have to take that on for Entz)

The MSUM staff seems to be kicking ass....u could pluck the best one for position fill if it makes sense.

Eck....lol. I don't mind stealing the non- DBag Sdsu coaches.

Remind me where Tyler Roehl coached before he came to NDSU
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    One guess who started that thread.
    Lakes?? What do I win?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I think they could raid MSUM, which is filled with former Bison:

- Steve Laqua: DC
    - Rob Hunt: OL coach
    - Joey Blackmore - DB coach
    - Carlton Littlejohn - co-LB coach (with GO)
    Steve Laqua is more of an offensive guy. Would be a demotion but probably double the money. Hes a great coach

LJ is a young and talented guy who obviously knows NDSU football

Rob Hunt is awesome too.

Crazy to think they have that many former Bison across the river and they've done a great job turning a mediocre program into a solid one.

JOE LARDINOIS coached over there too and hes at Concordua St Paul. He would be a solid hire
    https://cspbears.com/coaches.aspx?rc=430

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Remind me where Tyler Roehl coached before he came to NDSU
    I don't think folks are saying just because they are ndsu alum the should be coaches. Likewise, I don't think folks are saying just cuz they are young they can't coach.

I think folks are saying young up and coming NDSU alum are ideal.

Imo....we want a mix of up and comers and experience. We should always be willing to look at ndsu alum, but at the end of the day its gotta be based on talent, fit, and what makes sense.

Imo....Roehl is a future HC. I think he can be a CK/p5 type. It has been and is fun to watch his progression.

Hunt would be interesting for OL coach, that is a key spot that nobody seems to be talking about. We have had some fantastic OL coaches.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Lakes?? What do I win?
    Oh, sorry. It was El Chapo. Thanks for playing.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix