Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Coach Hedberg is special at QB coach

Just saying he could help out for a year with the offense

I don't think Entz is going to have a shortage of candiates if he opens up the OC job, I don't think our offense is that hard to learn...Mess figured it and made it even better.

I do agree Hedberg needs to stay as a QB coach, the new QB's are going to need a lot of coaching.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Hedberg is already in the booth on game days, he could easily transition to calling the plays (if that's the route they choose to go) and mentoring our QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Coach Hedberg is special at QB coach

Just saying he could help out for a year with the offense
    Randy is arguably the most experienced and qualified coach on the team. Hes been a head coach, assistant head coach, offensive Coordinator, position coach, and hes a great QB coach. Not to mention an NFL QB. Hes done it all. Not sure where he wants to take his career. Hes done pretty much everything

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Hedberg is already in the booth on game days, he could easily transition to calling the plays (if that's the route they choose to go) and mentoring our QBs.
    Wasn't Hedberg the OC for SIU Salukis before joining NDSU
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I'm sure there will be plenty of options outside of just ndsu. Wouldn't be bad to look at all options and mix in some new blood depending on who applies. Hedberg and rohl could also help them to keep a lot of the same concepts. To bad both riley and mess are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Wasn't Hedberg the OC for SIU Salukis before joining NDSU
    QB and Co-OC.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I'm sure there will be plenty of options outside of just ndsu. Wouldn't be bad to look at all options and mix in some new blood depending on who applies. Hedberg and rohl could also help them to keep a lot of the same concepts. To bad both riley and mess are leaving.
    The key is keeping the terminology in place. You dont want to make your players relearn what's been pounded into their heads for years. Thats why we play fast and react instead of think. Make the coaches learn the system

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The key is keeping the terminology in place. You dont want to make your players relearn what's been pounded into their heads for years. Thats why we play fast and react instead of think. Make the coaches learn the system
    Agree. The new OC should be able to do nothing but watch video from the last two years and make it fit for next years team. Dont reinvent the damn wheel!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Pretty sure Hedberd won't be the OC.